HH Telecaster P90 Routing

What's Hot
skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
edited August 2020 in Making & Modding
Am I wrong in thinking that HH Mexican Telecasters are routed to accept P90s in the neck? Now that I have my choice of necks (reverse headstock strat and traditional tele) I can start tinkering. Once I'm happy it will go off for a new coat of paint but I figured I'd build it up first. And a real P90 would be a nice addition!
I checked the dimensions and the width looks good (90mm x 44mm) but not sure about the depth (21mm)? Note the previous bastard owner liked putting extra holes in the body - seems to have been desperate to fit extra long humbucker screws in the neck previously. Those must have been really great screws!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14513
    MIM Fender Standard series Telecasters have had that generous one-size-fits-all neck pickup cavity for the best part of ten years.

A soapbar P-90 will fit. The only modification to the body will be the drilling of two holes for the height adjustment screws.

If the body is about to be painted, now is the opportunity to back fill those unwanted holes in the pickup routs.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    I'm going for a two part plan:
    Part 1: Screw around with a bunch of different pickup configurations until I am pleased...
    Part 2: Get the bugger painted. 

It'll probably take me years at my pace ;-)

Good call on the filling though. I will do that sooner than later.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom