Replacement tuners for f style classic series strat

Howdy everybody. Got a classic series 70s strat I'm gonna tinker with. Does anyone know of tuners that will fit the back with the two holes that are for the f style tuners it comes with but are modern tuners?  
2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard ltd edition, 2012 Fender strat 70s re-issue, 2018 Epiphone Texan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited August 2020
    Not many replacements for those 70's style tuners. I think Fenders current ones are made by Ping Well in the far east. Schaller make some (they made the original ones in the 70's). The most modern replacement I can think of are those made by Kluson - they make some locking ones which fit the diagonal/ staggered 70's style hole mounting arrangement, and regular version as well. 

Kluson locking:
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    There used to be a version of the Schaller Mini M series ‘head with two locator screw lugs in the correct positions. I do not know whether it is still in production. 

For some reason, I picture early examples of the Fender Malmsteen signature Stratocaster with ‘heads that looked like slot top Klusons at the front and machined gear housing Schaller/Fender ones at the back.

Sperzel might do something suitable.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.