The Rebellion Guitar Co.

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
Anyone else get an out-of-the-blue email from this lot today?

It appears to be some kind of offshoot of World Guitars, but I'm not sure if they're a bricks and mortar business or a purely online one.  The latter, I think.

https://rebellionguitarco.com/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    edited August 2020
    World Guitars seems like it’s atrophying... hardly any new stock in, they have dropped dealerships on a number of brands including Fender, Gibson, Knaggs, possibly PRS and more... perhaps Mark is slowly folding that to focus on this...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    Yes, I'd noticed World Guitars seem to have very little in the way of new stock recently.  But it's hard to guess what may be going on behind the scenes in these strange times.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    According to the guy who runs the local.shop, getting stuff in is quite difficult at the moment, and apparently PMT (at least in Cardiff) are being told not to order any new stock in, and to sell what's in the shop.  
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I got one 
    Never bought anything from World Guitars so not sure where they grabbed me from LOL.

I presume looking at their site simply there seems to be endless up and coming new guitar brands these days and rebellion see a niche a bit like TNAG in curating the best of and distributing and selling direct around the world. 

I do wonder how many more premium Strat, Tele, and JM based guitars the world needs but there are some fantastic builders out there these days, I know as I have been collecting them on Instagram during the lockdown. Also realistically who would want to be a retailer in these troubling times if there is not some breakthrough in COVID I only see online getting bigger and bigger all the online customers we supply have grown considerably during COVID so probably a good move. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 628
    Be interesting to see what level of stock they keep and whether they offer any way of trying stuff out. There’s another business that acts as a UK rep for a bunch of small builders, just passing along custom orders, and I’ve never been able to work out why buyers wouldn’t just go straight to their builder of choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Yes got an email as well. They are a distribution company really although looks like you can order from them. One of the owners is indeed Mark Smith from World Guitars.
    Philly_Q said:
    Yes, I'd noticed World Guitars seem to have very little in the way of new stock recently.  But it's hard to guess what may be going on behind the scenes in these strange times.
    the slowdown/contraction dates to well before the lockdown though - totally understand a virtual standstill in pandemic times, but he started offloading stock with (rare for WG) discounts when he launched their new website over a year ago and just never replenished in a lot of cases. Could be just streamlining/market focus of course but again, could be that he’s working to transition his business to this new thing. Time will tell!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9308
    I’ve not bought anything from world guitars since Jeff owned it, but I got the email too.
    Took a look and thought the prices were ambitious for a brand I’ve never heard of. Not sure if these are parts guitars or where they fit into a crowded market
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Who are Iconic guitars and why did they use that font/logo?!
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 628
    chris78 said:
    I’ve not bought anything from world guitars since Jeff owned it, but I got the email too.
    Took a look and thought the prices were ambitious for a brand I’ve never heard of. Not sure if these are parts guitars or where they fit into a crowded market
    Finding suitable brands that aren't represented by anyone else (in the UK, at least) must be tricky. There are heaps of boutique makers I'd love to work with if I was running a similar business, but the vast majority of those folks would have no need of my services, and their designs are unusual/expensive enough that I'd probably be out of business in three months even if they did agree to partner up.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Some nice looking guitars, but too much £ for me.
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Who are Iconic guitars and why did they use that font/logo?!
    There is some info on their website.

They are probably great guitars but the price of (all) guitars seems to be sky high at the moment. So many similar builders in this space selling for a premium. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Website feels identical to World Guitars. 
    Struggling to see why if you had an established brand like World Guitars, you'd feel the need to do something so similar with a non-established company?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Struggling to see why if you had an established brand like World Guitars, you'd feel the need to do something so similar with a non-established company?
    “Distribution” implies that they might be trying to get dealers on board too. So maybe an attempt at a new model - direct to consumer *or* trade... WG probably wouldn’t be able to pull that off as easily. Just a wild guess though!
  • ssssssss Frets: 4
    edited January 2021
    Philly_Q said:

It appears to be some kind of offshoot of World Guitars, but I'm not sure if they're a bricks and mortar business or a purely online one.  The latter, I think.

I dont know other peoples experience of Rebellion Guitar Company - presumably some people have had a experience but mine has been terrible. I found them to mislead me when importing from the US saying they would import by air but then without informing me they shipped by container and fobbed of the delay as being down to Covid! Imagine! Does anyone know who else imports high quality gear who is more trustworthy?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    ssss said:
    Philly_Q said:

I dont others peoples experience presumably some good but my experience of Rebellion Guitar Cp has been terrible. I found them to mislead sending they would import by air when they shipped and then fobbed of the delay as being down to Covid! Imagine! Anyone no who else imports high quality gear so I dont have to use Rebellion Guitar Co.?
    Coda, Peach
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Hattigol said:
    I suspect it is due to finance/ownership. I am probably wrong though.
  • They are taking over from WG to become the UK Dealer for Tom Anderson. The prices have bumped up somewhat, too.
    Hmmmmmm...........................
  • Sean Ashe, a U.S. based guitarist and Anderson player, made an FB announcement that he will be creating video content for Anderson/Rebellion. He mentioned that Rebellion is a brick and mortar store located, like WG, in an old Bank. He even commented that the shop will have an Guitar Vault. Hmmmmmmm...................
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Humbucked said:
    Sean Ashe, a U.S. based guitarist and Anderson player, made an FB announcement that he will be creating video content for Anderson/Rebellion. He mentioned that Rebellion is a brick and mortar store located, like WG, in an old Bank. He even commented that the shop will have an Guitar Vault. Hmmmmmmm...................
    Yeah, they have posted something similar in Instagram, looks like their store opens soon