Hipshot Fixed Bridge vs Grainger Hardtail?

What's Hot
Hi everyone,

I was planning on using a Hipshot fixed bridge (https://www.btnmusic.co.uk/product/hipshot-6-string-fixed-guitar-bridge) on an upcoming project, but I've come across the Grainger Hardtail which seems to be a very similar design but manufactured in the UK.

https://graingerguitarparts.com/products/grainger-hardtail-guitar-bridge

Does anyone have experience with the Grainger? It's within a few pounds of the Hipshot and if the two are comparable I'd rather support a small UK company.

The only difference I can see between the two is the Grainger is top loading whereas the Hipshot is through body loaded.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I think that @Graingerguitars is active here on the forum so they might be able to chime in 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader
    @Graingerguitars is on holiday this week, so may not be on hand 

I have used both - both are really good.
    I am favouring the Grainger as I like it's style and I like supporting a fellow UK maker of things

The Grainger is rear loading ...in fact they have a really neat ferrule block system too 
    I have it on my own semi-distressed racing stripe Panther guitar 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi everyone,

I was planning on using a Hipshot fixed bridge (https://www.btnmusic.co.uk/product/hipshot-6-string-fixed-guitar-bridge) on an upcoming project, but I've come across the Grainger Hardtail which seems to be a very similar design but manufactured in the UK.

https://graingerguitarparts.com/products/grainger-hardtail-guitar-bridge

Does anyone have experience with the Grainger? It's within a few pounds of the Hipshot and if the two are comparable I'd rather support a small UK company.

The only difference I can see between the two is the Grainger is top loading whereas the Hipshot is through body loaded.

Hi, our bridge has a slightly higher mass, it can be top load and through body and in our opinion better quality  than the Hipshot, our 6 string bridge uses the same drilling pattern as the hipshot for mounting to the guitar

there are an number of people on this forum who have used our bridges such as @FelineGuitars and @digitalscream to name a couple, I’m sure they’d happily give their opinion

many thanks

Darren
  • @FelineGuitars nice! Given your endorsement I think I'll go with the Grainger. Thanks.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26658
    edited August 2020
    Yep - I used Grainger's bridge on my Jaden Rose lightweight Tele - specifically because it's a top-loader, and I wanted to see what it did. Brilliant little thing, and did exactly what I wanted it to. Now, if I could be bothered to take it off again, I might even fix the ground wire problem I created last time it was off...
    <space for hire>
  • Thanks all. @Graingerguitars is the drilling pattern the same for both the 10.5mm and 10.8mm widths?
  • Thanks all. @Graingerguitars is the drilling pattern the same for both the 10.5mm and 10.8mm widths?
    Sure is
  • Great, thanks Darren! Looking forward to trying it out.