Digital guitar magazines.

Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
I recently bought the blues special of guitar techniques, all backing tracks for tabs were available to download online so no need for a cd.
Does anyone know of any other magazines that have backing tracks online Instead of a cd.
I'm asking as I do not have a cd player in the house anymore lol.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    I think most of the printed guitar magazines now just have ‘downloadable content’ with no CDs. If it doesn’t advertise a CD then it will be online access to the backing tracks assuming they have some songs in them.  A few magazines just do reviews and have articles about guitars.

Which magazine were you interested in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
    I've just recently got back into buying total guitar, that's got CDs with it, really more interested in guitar techniques, it says on the digital subscription bit includes cd unless that's just a generic future publishing description
    Just checked according to the reviews in Amazon for the digital version of guitar techniques there is no audio with it.
    Just going to subscribe through the guitar techniques website for digital and print then rip the cd
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    Km06ore said:
    Just checked according to the reviews in Amazon for the digital version of guitar techniques there is no audio with it.
    It seems to depend for guitar techniques... Android access is based through the pocketmags app - no audio available there as far as I can see and seems to be geared towards reading on the go.

But if you go through the pocketmags website on a laptop there is an option for playback of audio tracks in line with their respective articles & tabs. The full website isn't really usable for following tabs & playing back on a mobile though. Don't know about Apple options

• skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Km06ore said:
    I recently bought the blues special of guitar techniques, all backing tracks for tabs were available to download online so no need for a cd.
    Does anyone know of any other magazines that have backing tracks online Instead of a cd.
    Is that interesting, what do you think about the lessons and backing tracks?
    Is that for beginners or medium level? 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    I used to be a subscriber to GT back in the 2000s. Them were the days.
    skikdi53 said:
    Km06ore said:
    Is that interesting, what do you think about the lessons and backing tracks?
    Is that for beginners or medium level? 
    It's good, I've not had much of a chance to get into it much as we've been decorating, each style has stuff for beginners to advanced, I like the acoustic section as I'm trying to work on fingerpicking, the download of the audio tracks also has a video of the tab while it's being played, kind of like guitar pro but can't slow it down or anything.