Auto humbucker split for strat position 2?

I'm planning or rewiring my strat to have master volume, master tone and a blend knob, as per the diagram below. 

In an ideal world, I would prefer the bridge humbucker pickup to do an auto-split in position 2. Anyone know if I can do that with this setup? and if so how?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    edited August 2020
    On the unused second pole of the selector switch, connect a permanent ground wire to the Common terminal and the series link of the humbucker to the terminal that is engaged when the selector switch is in position 3.

This could leave you with the either wrong coil engaged or the wrong phase relationship. (Depends on the brands of the three pickups.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    On the unused second pole of the selector switch, connect a permanent ground wire to the Common terminal and the series link of the humbucker to the terminal that is engaged when the selector switch is in position 3.

This could leave you with the either wrong coil engaged or the wrong phase relationship. (Depends on the brands of the three pickups.)
    Thanks, but a bit technical for me!

Common terminal?
    terminal engaged in position 3?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    The common terminal is the bottom one on the left side in the pic, and position 3 is the middle of the remaining ones. Look closely at the switch as you move the lever and it should be obvious how it works.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    You could try a Freeway switch, which has an extra 5 positions.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    axisus said:
    a bit technical for me!
    Okay. Referring to the diagram in your opening post, label the terminals on the “spring” side of the switch, top to bottom, B, M, N, C/W.

C/W = Ground wire to volume pot chassis.
    M = Series / coil split wire of humbucker.

HTH
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.