Looking for a simple, basic, free, stable recording program for my Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
edited August 2020 in Studio & Recording
I just want to record some sound clips of patches.  I tried Bandlab but for some reason it worked only intermittently, sometimes had crackles, and sometimes the playback was at a way slower speed.  No idea if its a settings issue, if I need to load any special drivers, or if it's just an unstable program.  

Any suggestions on a free, simple alternative would be much appreciated.  Operating system is Windows 7. 
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Reaper, its free and really quite good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited August 2020
    Reaper, its free and really quite good
    Thank you, I'll take a look. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • No problem, glad to help
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    If you just want to record simple one guitar sound samples I'd suggest Audacity. Free, easy to use, some basic effects (normalising, compression, eq, etc plus loads more should you need them) and has never given me a problem as far as computer compatibility goes. Sound quality is good too.
  • If you just want to record simple one guitar sound samples I'd suggest Audacity. Free, easy to use, some basic effects (normalising, compression, eq, etc plus loads more should you need them) and has never given me a problem as far as computer compatibility goes. Sound quality is good too.
    I tend to use Audacity to record parts to use later in the DAW, as using the DAW to record has resulted in me losing files the DAW keeps in its "pool" of files whereas with audacity it's more manual exporting stuff which whilst it takes longer is actually much more fail safe for somebody as thick as me
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    If you just want to record simple one guitar sound samples I'd suggest Audacity. Free, easy to use, some basic effects (normalising, compression, eq, etc plus loads more should you need them) and has never given me a problem as far as computer compatibility goes. Sound quality is good too.
    I tend to use Audacity to record parts to use later in the DAW, as using the DAW to record has resulted in me losing files the DAW keeps in its "pool" of files whereas with audacity it's more manual exporting stuff which whilst it takes longer is actually much more fail safe for somebody as thick as me
    I'm in the thickie dept so will look at Audacity too...thanks guys. 
  • Voxman said:
    I'm in the thickie dept so will look at Audacity too...thanks guys. 
    I've also found Audacity less fussy than most regarding audio interface drivers, another sticking point for those as dense as me :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Audacity defo , 
    Sorry, meant to post a while back that I went for audacity and it works really well. Thanks for the heads up. 
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Reaper IS NOT free. It has a free trial period. Buy it if you use it.
    oaf said:
    Reaper IS NOT free. It has a free trial period. Buy it if you use it.
    Yup, I saw that too. Audacity is all I need for now.