Almost ruined the nice sharp edge of my best chisel.

What's Hot
Being careless I dropped it blade first onto the concrete floor of my garage. Fortunately my soft, unclothed bare foot was there to break its fall. Blood and pain ensued. Oh how we laughed, me and my imaginary friend that I swear at so the Mrs doesn't have to hear. 
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Only laughing because that sounds all too familiar :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    I usually put on music whilst soldering to mask the cursing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    I usually put on music whilst soldering to mask the cursing.
    I always solder whilst a bit pissed. I find it relaxes you and takes the stress out of it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    LOL/ouch!
    A few weeks ago I was fixing wires at the back of my Landy. Crouching down, a scalpel fell out the back of it and stuck in the top of my leg, waving around.. small blade but in deep.. 3M blue tape to the rescue
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    I feel your pain

Yesterday whilst fitting the new fence I was screwing in the bottom bracket when my (heaviest) spirit level fell off the top rail of the panel straight onto my head. 

I do this kind of thing all the time....
  • Owch.

I did something similar about 10 years back and managed to have the chisel go right into the palm of my left hand, leaving me with stitches and mild nerve damage on the right side of the hand and two fingers. Fun!  :#
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540

Injuries whilst woodworking?

Chisel through nerve on thumb (wasn't even doing anything, just walking through garage and "Oooh, better put that chisel roll back on shelf")- 1 1/2hr op to repair.
    Took half a nail off when clearing gunk from sanding drum on thicknesser, using eraser block.
    Dropped a scalpel onto leg - through jeans and irritatingly 3-4mm into thigh.

And I dread to think what the respiratory cost will be to doing all that sanding without a mask........

All fun and games!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Kalimna said:

Dropped a scalpel onto leg - through jeans and irritatingly 3-4mm into thigh.

I've done that one. Bloody painful but a very neat hole in the jeans.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18847
    We've all been there...
    Movies That Get Worse on Multiple Viewings Young Frankenstein