Picking the right pots

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the volume pots on my Cole Clark Mistress with 250k pots, but want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing.

The hole for the current pots are 8mm in diameter, threaded portion of the shaft is around 11mm long. Would these be a good fit:

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/parts-c4/electronics-c698/potentiometers-c109/cts-usa-250k-potentiometer-standard-shaft-audio-taper-p13678

Many thanks,
Richard
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7041
    tFB Trader
    No, the shaft of CTS pots is 9.5mm diameter so you'd need to ream out the holes.

If you want a direct replacement then Alpha brand pots are probably the best.

I'd recommend enlarging the holes though if the control cavity is big enough to accommodate the full size pots.
  • CTS do make 8mm diameter metric versions of some of their pots. They are available from Axesrus but they currently only seem to have them with 9.5mm tall shafts. 
  • No, the shaft of CTS pots is 9.5mm diameter so you'd need to ream out the holes.

If you want a direct replacement then Alpha brand pots are probably the best.

I'd recommend enlarging the holes though if the control cavity is big enough to accommodate the full size pots.
    Thanks, Steve I’ll check out the alpha pots.