Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What acoustic strings / gauges do you recommend?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    @Tammin. Normally I'd agree but that's not so with my HD28. Fair enough, it has to be MA140T (coated) and I have to use a specific bridge pins material but then I get the sound id been searching for. All the best. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I now have phosphor bronze 10s on my 6,5 and 4th strings and phosphor bronze 11s on my 1,2 and 3 strings. I hated the boominess of the 11s on the 3 bassiest strings and had half a packet of 10s in my possession,so a nice compromise. This works ok so far.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @guitarjack66. Newtone would make a custom set to match that when you need new :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mellish said:
    @guitarjack66. Newtone would make a custom set to match that when you need new :) 
    Cheers. Didn't know you could mix 'n match them,
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    I’m down the rabbit hole of strings and the first set I’m trying after my usual D’addario is John Pearse.
    Im well impressed, they sound great and seem to be lasting a lot longer so far. Great balance.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    @koss59. You won't be short on brands to try :). For me it was D'Addario that did the trick, then I sold that guitar and bought a Martin HD-28. This one likes Martin MA140T but will settle for Elixir Nanoweb if she's forced :)