places to play - bristol area specifically but what about a list

nickpnickp Frets: 183
Hi I'm going to have to go looking for Gigs in the Bristol/Bath area and wondered if you guys had any ideas which pubs to try.  We are a rock covers band.

then I also wondered whether we could have a useful resource split by region of places to play with a quick description - ie covers, mainly originals, classic rock pub, full of weirdo's that short of stuff and maybe a contact number for the landlord?

whaddya recon?

So I'll start it off

bar 1-9 in keynsham - niceish venue, now doing music at the weekends, need to be encouraged to start later (9pm) and not 8pm which is too early.  We've had three good gigs there.  nice crowd.  Middle of road music/rock fine.

saltford sports and social club - again Ok venue albeit smallish.  It helps to bring some supporters.  Rock covers fine

the trout keynsham - funny pub - friday and sat nights.  Rock but not too full on seen a couple of awesome classic rock bands bomb whereas the middle of the road indie/rock stuff goes down well(ish).  crowd a bit disinterested so bring supporters to start them off.  a bit rough at times with misbehaving 40-60 year olds who should know better.  Get booked up in advance so bring your diary

that sort of thing  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom