SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Washburn Model 1915 (Style 2128) c.1920

AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
edited August 2020 in Acoustics £
I'm trying to be ruthless and trim down my guitars so somewhat reluctantly I'm selling my Washburn Model 1915 Style 2128.

It's a cute little vintage parlour guitar with a lovely old tone.  Light as a feather and perfect for finger picking or just noodling on the sofa.
I'm not sure of the exact age - someone here told me that the Model 1915 was made between 1915-1921 - the serial number inside the body matches that on the label (see photos) if that narrows it down for anyone.
For a guitar of this age it's obviously got scuffs, knocks and there are some what look like old repairs (heel, back, lower side), but it's been solid and sound in the years I've owned it and remains in very good playing shape. It has a pronounced V neck but is easy and comfortable to play. The neck is straight and the action is fine. There's a lot of varnish crackling on the back that resembles a crocodile skin suitcase!
The tuners are very similar but slightly different on one side - not sure which is the original as both look very old.

As I believe it's an Adirondack Spruce top, Brazilian Rosewood back, sides and fingerboard.
Scale length is 24" 1/4 and the nut width is 1" 3/4

I do have what appears to be an original old cardboard type "case" but this is very tatty and next-to-useless.
Edit - Actually having got the case down from the attic, it's not as bad as I thought. Not sure it's original. Not exactly what I'd call solid and I still wouldn't want to trust it to the shipping, but it's okay for carrying around - see other photos.
Local pick-up or can deliver/meet within a reasonable distance.
I'm in Edenbridge, Kent which is 10-15 minutes from either Junction 5 or 6 of M25.

I'm looking for £850 Sold off site

more photos here - https://imgur.com/a/FmkPaUr

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Truly stunning! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m0rtm0rt Frets: 22
    That’s a beautiful thing!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 621
    Oof. Not far from me and exactly the sort of thing I'm into. Must resist...
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Some interesting thoughts on the style number. 
    2-size 
    1- some think 1=mahogany, 2=Rosewood but as yours is a 1 and is rosewood that probably puts that to bed, more likely then is it’s style 2 as opposed to wood type 

28-original selling price 

It could of course be the other way around; size 1 and 2 for rosewood...

what is the lower bout width? Maybe that could tell us As they were pretty faithful to Martin sizes

Great guitar 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Andy79 said:

what is the lower bout width? 

Great guitar 

Lower bout is 31.5cm (Upper bout 22.5cm) - a dainty thing
    Interesting thoughts on the style number - I have no idea
    Cheers

Epsilon said:
    Oof. Not far from me and exactly the sort of thing I'm into. Must resist...
    Resistance is futile  =)