SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Push-push pots 500K audio taper (new, unused)

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6177
edited September 2020 in Parts £
Just found these while sorting things out and I've had them for ages. The guitar project I bought them for is long gone!

I think they are the Allparts version. Marked "WSC A500K". They look exactly like the ones shown here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/allparts_pushpush_poti_500k.htm

£10 each (I have 4) and shipping within UK at £2 each.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6177
    A photo:

Also: proceeds to the tFB forum fund.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited September 2020
    goldtop said:
    Just found these while sorting things out and I've had them for ages. The guitar project I bought them for is long gone!

I think they are the Allparts version. Marked "WSC A500K". They look exactly like the ones shown here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/allparts_pushpush_poti_500k.htm

£10 each (I have 4) and shipping within UK at £2 each.

I'm wondering was the project by any chance an ESP George Lynch Kamikaze ? or maybe to build something like the Kami
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• Any chance of measuring their resistance between the two outer lugs?
    @kipple - I had a Kamikaze, but these were bought for a LP that I decided to keep vintage-ish.

@roman_sub - I'll check next week, when I'm back at work.
  • Can you measure depth from the shoulder at the base of the thread to the bottom of the switch? Also, the depth of the thread?

Thanks!

R.
    Resistances measured: 443k/455k/495k/515k

The total length of the threaded bush is 10mm and with BOTH nuts fitted, there's approx 5mm spare (i.e. for the scratchplate or guitar wood thickness.
  • goldtop said:

The total length of the threaded bush is 10mm and with BOTH nuts fitted, there's approx 5mm spare (i.e. for the scratchplate or guitar wood thickness.
    Thanks - how about the depth from the base of the thread to the bottom of the switch? I'm looking at fitting them to a thinnish guitar with a shallow body.

R.
    The 515k/495k pots are now sold. Two pots remaining.

I will get the extra measurement tomorrow.
    goldtop said:

Thanks - how about the depth from the base of the thread to the bottom of the switch? I'm looking at fitting them to a thinnish guitar with a shallow body.

R.

As best as I can measure that measurement is 28mm (perhaps 29mm required for clearance).
  • goldtop said:
    goldtop said:

R.

As best as I can measure that measurement is 28mm (perhaps 29mm required for clearance).
    Thanks - I'll take the two remaining pots. I shall DM my address, and you can reply with payment details.

Cheers,

R.