Nembrini BST100 V2 (Soldano SLO100) Amp Sim

theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
edited August 2020 in Studio & Recording
Just posting in case people haven’t seen this, but Nembrini have released an updated version of their Soldano SLO100 Amp Sim (Called the BST100).

Currently available for $29.

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/bst100-v2-super-overdrive-guitar-amplifier

I tried it and ended up buying it as I thought it sounded great. 

I didn’t really know much about Nembrini but it turns out they’ve worked with Brainworx to produce some of their amp sims and actually were involved with the Diezel VH4 one, which is the one I use mainly.

This is the first contact I’ve had with a Soldano sound and I like it very much actually...which got me looking at the prices of the physical amps...which was a bit of an eye opener!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    I’m a bit of a Nembrini fan and have the MRH810, the SoundMaster and the BST100. These things are so subjective but for me, the MRH gets so much use and is a stunning Marshall sim. I especially like the edge of break up and light crunch tones. The Soldano is almost universally praised but my copy is gathering virtual cobwebs. At $29 these things are all good value 
  • I gae a try to their MRH810 when they launched the update and was also at 29$, loved it and bought it -last month-.
    Then, I demoed some of their other amps, including some of the ones he made for Brainworx, and came to the conclusion that even though the EQ is different, the ones I tried have a very similar character on the distortion... so I was not going to get any of the others, as I though I could get their vibe just EQing the one I already bought... but now, this one updated at 29$ again may make me reconsider... I will demo it and decide before the the offer expires.
  • $29 is a steal really. 

I play fairly high gain stuff, so am finding this one pretty good for that type of riff based style.