Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I updated mine yesterday and I'm looking forward to running some guitar through the vocoder.
    Might get the gooseneck at some point but not got a huge use for it ATM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Just updated too.
    Vocoder isn't a sound I use regularly though.
  • @octatonic @Shark_Eyes are you still enjoying your Microfreaks? Really enjoying my Minibrute 2 and now looking at either the drumbrute impact for instant hands-on drumming or the Microfreak
    edited August 2020
    Microfreak is great.

I've had the Drumbrute- it wasn't for me.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I've not been tempted by the drumbrute as of yet. I'm still discovering what the Microfreak can do, and I'm slightly obsessed by the chord sound engine, it's wonderful.

If it helps, I'm thinking of letting my Moog Grandmother go as I'm getting much more joy and use out of the microfreak. Obviously they're not the same thing, but for sound sculpting and immediacy the microfreak wins for me.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I'm not a big fan of vocoders but love arturia, I wish I could afford a matrix brute, that's the one I want. 
    I'm not a big fan of vocoders but love arturia, I wish I could afford a matrix brute, that's the one I want. 
    I have a MatrixBrute.
    It is a pretty deep instrument.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 719
    I've not been tempted by the drumbrute as of yet. I'm still discovering what the Microfreak can do, and I'm slightly obsessed by the chord sound engine, it's wonderful.

If it helps, I'm thinking of letting my Moog Grandmother go as I'm getting much more joy and use out of the microfreak. Obviously they're not the same thing, but for sound sculpting and immediacy the microfreak wins for me.
    Let me know if you do move the Grandmother on, I might be interested :) 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    octatonic said:
    I have a MatrixBrute.
    Of I had 1500 I would buy one in a heartbeat 
    octatonic said:
    I have a MatrixBrute.
    Of I had 1500 I would buy one in a heartbeat 
    Arturia has price rises recently- they are about £1800 now.
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    If anyone is interested, Music Matter (no idea how reliable the are as a retailer) are partaking in the 20% off on ebay so you can pick up a microfreak for around £190 at present.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    edited September 2020
    wolsnah said:
    If anyone is interested, Music Matter (no idea how reliable the are as a retailer) are partaking in the 20% off on ebay so you can pick up a microfreak for around £190 at present.
    Oooh! tasty! @wolsnah ;is there a link? just looking at their FB Twitter feed can’t see anything
    edited September 2020
    Sure, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arturia-Microfreak-25-Key-Analogue-Modelling-Synth-Synthesizer-Keyboard-CV-Gate/113753713958. It's just the standard one, so no nice shiney whiteness, but vocoder capable still with f/w update and suitable mic boom. POCKET20 is the discount code to use.
    @builttospill - sorry, missed a courteous mention in reply
  • wolsnah said:
    Sure, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arturia-Microfreak-25-Key-Analogue-Modelling-Synth-Synthesizer-Keyboard-CV-Gate/113753713958. It's just the standard one, so no nice shiney whiteness, but vocoder capable still with f/w update and suitable mic boom. POCKET20 is the discount code to use.
    @builttospill - sorry, missed a courteous mention in reply
     @wolsnah thank you! I am so tempted by this... well the only stumbling block is getting this past the other half... I’ve simply bought too much
    It's nice and compact so space shouldn't be an issue ;) As much as the keyboard/pad is part of the whole playing experience, there's a place online that sells a standalone case where you can split the synth engine and have it as a pure module. You lose the tactility of the keyboard/pad of course and also the touch strip, but it does look equally fun paired up with an external midi keyboard. That said, as much as I'd like to do it I'm keeping mine in one piece as it's such a small box of fun as it is.
  • wolsnah said:
    It's nice and compact so space shouldn't be an issue ;) As much as the keyboard/pad is part of the whole playing experience, there's a place online that sells a standalone case where you can split the synth engine and have it as a pure module. You lose the tactility of the keyboard/pad of course and also the touch strip, but it does look equally fun paired up with an external midi keyboard. That said, as much as I'd like to do it I'm keeping mine in one piece as it's such a small box of fun as it is.
    Microfreak it is then! Gas is at an all time high for the freak
    Have you taken the leap @builttospill ?
  • wolsnah said:
    Have you taken the leap @builttospill ?
    Yes! I ordered it on Thursday @wolsnah ;the microfreak is currently hiding in my wardrobe. So far I’ve only managed to rip it out of the bubble wrap and postal bag but that woke up kids. I’ve managed a quick crafty peek and it looks lovely. 
    Haha brilliant. Do let us know how you get on with it. I have fun just making weird noises out of mine and I still think the are amazing value for money given how configurable they are. Congrats on getting one :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnah said:
    Haha brilliant. Do let us know how you get on with it. I have fun just making weird noises out of mine and I still think the are amazing value for money given how configurable they are. Congrats on getting one :)
    Will definitely let you know how it goes @wolsnah. I got it on the same deal that you recommended but using the eBay 15% off code. Looking forward to partnering it up with the Minibrute 2. Now looking at cases. It’s so portable isn’t it? I have a usb powerbank so that’ll be handy for train journeys into work. I’d love to own the drumbrute impact now.