SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: humbucker set

What's Hot
I’m building a project at the moment; Warmoth neck on the way, body blank read to be shaped and routed. I’ve never had a guitar with humbuckers so will be looking for a set to fit. Anyone have something reasonably cheap for sale? Ideally black rings with flat bottom, but obviously I can change that sort of thing. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    edited September 2020
    Have Dimarzio Transition Bridge and a PAF 36th anniversary both in black. Would work great in a strat as was too fat in my LP. £100 ppgift. Can also been seen on a certain auction site. Pickup rings can also be found cheap on eBay or axecaster/axes r us.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    I might have some black rings available - not sure what they're worth tho? 
  • When you say they’re in black, Do you mean covers or rings? This project will be a LPJ shape but with bolt-on neck. 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    edited September 2020
    Sparks said:
    When you say they’re in black, Do you mean covers or rings?
    I have a pair of black pickup rings/surrounds only - removed from my Seth Baccus Nautilus. I'll need to check if they're flat bottomed, but they should be.

Edit : just checked and I do indeed have a pair of black pickup surrounds spare, and the are flat bottomed, but they are angled and one is a little lower than the other for fitment on an LP type guitar with a pitched neck, so probably not what you need for a bolt on...
  • Thanks all. Pickup surrounds were close, so thanks for checking. I looked up those Dimarzio pickups but I think they might be a bit hot for me. 
  • I’ve ordered an Alegree. Thanks. I don’t really know what I’m doing with humbuckers so I’ll put one in this build and maybe do some experimenting. 
  • I have a set from a PRS Bernie Marsden kicking about if you still need a set @Sparks ;
  • All sorted now, but thank you. Was messing about last night trying to cut a pickup ring/pickguard for the new project.