TV through mixer

jackiojackio Frets: 132
edited September 2020 in Studio & Recording
Hey hi

I'm about to buy a TV. It will be in my living room which is my music room. 

1) Can I plug a TV into my Behringer XR18?
2) Will it be stereo?

The answer to 1) must be yes, I'm assuming TV RCA outs to 2X1/4" into 2 mixer inputs which I can link as a stereo pair. Or there may be a headphone 3.5mm trs/stereo out which would go to a y-cable 2x 1/4" into mixer, linked stereo pair again.

Anything I'm missing? Levels? I'm wanting to use what I already have, and not buy yet more stuff (soundbar)

Thanks for any help
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Lip sync might be an issue.  Some TVs have a lip synch adjuster in the menu system.  It ought to work.  Just wondering why you want to use a mixer rather than the smaller and more elegant soundbar.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Rocker said:
    Lip sync might be an issue.  Some TVs have a lip synch adjuster in the menu system.  It ought to work.  Just wondering why you want to use a mixer rather than the smaller and more elegant soundbar.  
    I hadn't thought of sync. Cheers for the idea.

Money basically. And also more 'stuff'. I've got a good mixer, good speakers and plenty of cables so I was hoping I'd be able to use what I've already got.