Komplete 13

What's Hot
Anyone thinking about this, out  1st October.
I see the upgrade is 169 quid. I'm going for it, if only for Guitar RIg 6, Kontakt 6, Butch Vig Drums and Massive X alone.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm waiting for the next discount which usually happens about once a year. But I'll be upgrading Komplete Ultimate, which is a bit more expensive.

There's a related discussion at the link below

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2691416/#Comment_2691416

It's not a competition.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I have 12, so already have kontakt 6 and massive x. I will either skip a version or wait for upgrades to be 50% off..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Thinking about it, there is usually a  NI sale around Black Friday, so I think waiting is probably a good idea. I am on 11 Ultimate, and I think that upgrade from 9 Ult cost about 170 quid. 
  • better to skip versions I find
    I'm on 11 Ultimate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    yeah, I think so too. Does seem that waiting to leap two versions gives you more. 11-12 didn't seem particularly interesting IMO either.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    better to skip versions I find
    I'm on 11 Ultimate

I agree - I'm on Ultimate 11. I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed and the price to drop .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Snap said:
    Thinking about it, there is usually a  NI sale around Black Friday, so I think waiting is probably a good idea. I am on 11 Ultimate, and I think that upgrade from 9 Ult cost about 170 quid. 
    I dont think that new komplete versions go on sale immediately. I think you have to wait till next summer sale for the 50% discounts. 
    @brandshen I think you may have a point there. ,thanks
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Branshen said:
    Snap said:
    I dont think that new komplete versions go on sale immediately. I think you have to wait till next summer sale for the 50% discounts. 

But at least the bugs should have gone by then .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Branshen said:
    Snap said:

I just checked and I updated to Komplete Ultimate 12 in early June 2019 and the discount price at the time was £159.50

It's not a competition.
    I'll have a look at prices, I think what I saw was for the non ultimate version. 
    Well just checked prices. Seems ther could be something wrong on their site. Price to upgrade to Komplete 13 - £439. Price ot upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate - £339

Eh?!
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    When I'm logged in the NI website says my upgrade prices from Komplete 12 Ultimate CE are:
    • Komplete 13 £169
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate £339
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate CE £419
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Around the same for me:

• revsorg said:
    When I'm logged in the NI website says my upgrade prices from Komplete 12 Ultimate CE are:
    • Komplete 13 £169
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate £339
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate CE £419

I get the same as you, except K13 Ultimate CE is £499.

It's not a competition.
  • And once again I'm in the position of almost everything that is in the upgrade just isn't relevant for me. The only thing I would've cared about is Noire, and I already got a copy of that given to me last year!

Think I'll stick with my K11 Ultimate.

Bye!

Maybe they just don't like me

I've raised a ticket. What's stranger is that I got the lower priced off when they did the launch. so went on yesterday to buy it, but lo and behold, it's full price. Lets see how it pans out.
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    edited September 2020
    They've probably already all gone by now but there's a grace period for buyers of (boxed versions? of) v12 where NI will upgrade you to v13 if you register a (boxed?) copy before the end of this month (I believe, check this thread for the gory details)
    There may still be the odd cheap copy of v12 hanging around. From scanning the vi-control thread I think the grace period ends at the end of September though so I wouldn't hang about if it is of interest.
    It gets weirder. IN my NI account I have registered a load of products including Komp 9 Ultimate and 11 Ultimate. But, when I go for the update at 169, it says I don't have the qualifying products which include Komp 2-12. Not had an updated ticket yet, but it's frustrating.