SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold* Stereo Fender Champ With Watkins Dominator Cab

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
edited November 2015 in Amps £
Here is a very unusual one off amp which will certainly get you noticed!

What set me off on this custom built journey was hearing the pure tone of a Fender Champion 600 reissue through a larger 12" speaker. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it, it totally transforms the amp from a tinny noise machine into a lovely, warm clean tone which dirties up nicely as you crank it.

I had the amps modded by amp tech/builder Raphael Sutcliffe to remove the factory hum and he also fitted standby and pentode/triode mini toggle switches which I had removed as I kept snapping them off!! Holes plugged professionally so can be reinstated if desired.

I used to own a Watkins Dominator, a very cool V shaped amp from the 50's. I thought I'd replicate the look with the cab and asked Mark at AF Custom Cabs to make me one.

The Eminence Red Coat Governor speakers are so efficient that running both amps together (through the attached isolated AB box) gives you more than enough volume to compete with a drummer in a live environment.

You have the added bonus of running effects in stereo, having a back up amp if one goes down etc

Price drop to £450

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments