Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb (And Twin) Review

What's Hot
1171819202123»

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    edited August 2022
    @merlin I was tempted however I’m nowhere near Brighton
    Wiltshire isn't that far. Are you anywhere near a station on the train line between London and Bristol, say Swindon or Bath? I'll be on that line in less that two weeks. Just a thought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    @merlin I was tempted however I’m nowhere near Brighton
    Wiltshire isn't that far. Are you anywhere near a station on the train line between London and Bristol, say Swindon or Bath? I'll be on that line in less that two weeks. Just a thought.
    That could work…I’m 2 mins from Chippenham (between Swindon and Bath). I’ll pop you a message
  • So…have bought the Twin off Merlin (most crazy train handover pending!)…can’t wait to get my hands on it! Will be trying the Helix LT set up as a pedalboard straight in to start with, then may migrate back to individuals depending on how I get on
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Nice one - Neil makes his sound epic for rock with just a tiny pedalboard 
    Red ones are better. 
  • onlyatomonlyatom Frets: 31
    edited August 2022
    For those who've tried both – I'm considering a tone master as a pedal platform base. I'd like to run it clean (right before break up), and put a lot of OD, dirt, fuzz and delay in front (rock, punk, grungey tones).

I'm leaning towards the Blonde Deluxe, but just have a question if I can get it to band practice volumes without breakup?

99% of the usage will be at home, but on the odd jamming session, i'd like to know I can keep it clean – without having to spring for the larger and slightly heavier twin.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1109
    onlyatom said:
    For those who've tried both – I'm considering a tone master as a pedal platform base. I'd like to run it clean (right before break up), and put a lot of OD, dirt, fuzz and delay in front (rock, punk, grungey tones).

I'm leaning towards the Blonde Deluxe, but just have a question if I can get it to band practice volumes without breakup?

99% of the usage will be at home, but on the odd jamming session, i'd like to know I can keep it clean – without having to spring for the larger and slightly heavier twin.
    From the original post

"This amp can get loud; the attenuator/output power options are effective, and 'stepped' just right. At rehearsal with a full band (loud drummer, bass and 2nd guitar), I never had it at the full 22w setting. One big concern was that it wouldn't be loud enough or cut through the mix live. I can assure you that this is definitely not a problem. "
  • onlyatomonlyatom Frets: 31
    BigPaulie said:
    onlyatom said:

From the original post

"This amp can get loud; the attenuator/output power options are effective, and 'stepped' just right. At rehearsal with a full band (loud drummer, bass and 2nd guitar), I never had it at the full 22w setting. One big concern was that it wouldn't be loud enough or cut through the mix live. I can assure you that this is definitely not a problem. "
    Ha trust me not to read the original post. Thank you that's grand!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    onlyatom said:

I wrote the original post here, and I stand by the effectiveness of the TMDR.

However, it should be noted that 'real' Deluxe Reverbs tend to break up earlier, and not stay 'clean CLEAN' live. Nonetheless, real and digital both sound great.