Lets make a forum virtue pub gig

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10426

Hes a good man, I'm currently in a Thin Lizzy trib band with him and in a rock covers band with Russ, Truffles lead singer

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    ....on the basis that it's short, this Discussion needed a 3 chord 12 bar, I don't play any guitar on it and it's sort of a pub ( beer festival - possibly explains the drunken camera work). I would normally move around a bit more with the harp but it was the PA company mic and it was tied down!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3274
    A cosy little gig from the other Friday:

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3136
    edited July 2014
    A moment from a recent gig won the bet with the shirt though!

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk

Here's a Muse cover, wearing suits now so moneys gone up :)

Drums are class on this 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Here's a few from 4 years ago - I've never really edited any videos since which is a bit mad. We've improved a lot since then, especially now our singer, (my wife), moves away from the mic stand more and we've introduced a lot more backing vocals. Sound is shite, but that's cameras for ya!!

• Okay, here's my band, the one and only Daphne Don't Float in a pub in Chichester.

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    @TheDarkLord Are you local to Chichester then? I'll have to keep an eye out for you!
  • bob21 said:
    @TheDarkLord Are you local to Chichester then? I'll have to keep an eye out for you!
    Yep.  We're Felpham, Worthing and Brighton.  Playing at The Alex in Bognor in November.  Our gigs are on our website.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com

2 more  Live videos I'm putting on the bands new website, This one is the only use I ever found for an Ebow in a covers band :)

And this is a mix of Chelsea Dagger - All These Things I've done - Hard to Handle - Going out with - Mr Brightside

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Here's us (the Astrojets) playing Dave Bartholomew's  "Blue Monday" at Ain't Nothin But in London;s Kingly St.

Note I am being very careful not to collide with any of the band members; it's quite a small stage!

By the way we are back at ANB on the 30th of this month (June)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited June 2015
    Great thread an good to see people doing it for real (got to say I was impressed with Danny - very genuine sounding)! ALL good though - I'd be here all day commenting!!

Here's some clips:

First gig - Papa Don't Preach (never realised at the time but the wah was on throughout hence nasal tone).

3rd gig - Brass In Pocket.

And some short solo spots so you don't get bored lol

In fact here are some of the full vids. Yes, I messed up quite a few times (some cringeworhty, i.e. the first chord in the Sweet Child verse which is inexcusable given how many times I've played it!! In my defence, I was in India & china for 2 weeks then went straight into the gig...! Somebody else took these vids - gain was set too high so you hear quite a bit of clipping. 

White Wedding:

Atomic:

Heartbreaker & Don't Stop Believing:

Whitesnake (Here I Go Again) & Sweet Child O Mine & Livin on a Prayer:

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I'll join in too, with our original metal tunes, The Hospital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNGjJEW8pc8

You Kill Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dqIFXWrNU

and a Misfits cover, Dig Up Her Bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOzIYHCl1I

That's the only cover we can play because we can never agree on any others!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    edited June 2015
    jpfamps said:
    Here's us (the Astrojets) playing Dave Bartholomew's  "Blue Monday" at Ain't Nothin But in London;s Kingly St.

Note I am being very careful not to collide with any of the band members; it's quite a small stage!

By the way we are back at ANB on the 30th of this month (June)

shades of the Fab Thunderbirds and Little Charlie,etc. Sweet. Although, TBH, I was looking to see if you were plugged into a Line 6 Spyder...

But lovely stuff. 
    :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    This is a very VERY rough go at Deep Purple's Burn, which we jammed on the day as a request....

https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited June 2015
    Burn was cool!! Nice singing and playing - can't believe you jammed it on the day lol... you totally knew it beforehand! ;)

DLM - way to throw shapes!! :D You missed a trick not calling one "Flaming Death Skull" lol
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4039
    DLM said:

I'll join in too...

Pretty cool, you all look like you're having fun.  Dunno what it was recorded on but the pic quality and the sound quality gave a good idea. Love the way the camera goes to the drummer as soon as the guitar solo starts on the first track!  (Why does that always happen?)  Guitars get the best showing on the second track I reckon.  So, are you the singer or the fella with the Ibanez?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    DLM - way to throw shapes!! :D You missed a trick not calling one "Flaming Death Skull" lol
    @thomasross20 That's a great idea for a song name! I'm sure it'll do as a working title at least!

@Grunfeld Thanks, we definitely try to have as much fun as possible, I think the audience respond to that. The Hospital and Dig Up Her Bones were recorded on a 5-year old Panasonic HD camcorder, You Kill Me on an even older Motorola phone. The Hospital doesn't really have a guitar solo, but the missus shot that video, and I doubt she was thinking about what part comes when. I YouTubed some terribly pro-shot Iron Maiden videos from the 80s the other day, and it's definitely true that the camera is almost never on the guy playing the featured part. I'm the bloke with the standard metaller issue black RG550 and the unruly hair. You Kill Me probably has the most lead guitar of all our songs, and I always try to go for it. I usually improvise a good bit of the solos and that particular night it turned out to be pleasingly melodic. It's not always that way, I had a real train wreck on my big feature solo (in another song) the night before last. Totally lost the beat, even though my parts were basically all worked out. Live is all about winning some, losing some, I guess! :-)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Here's some lizzy tunes form a gig a couple of months back - a bit unrehearsed as it's everyone's second band so forgive the guitar playing....

John_P said:
    Here's some lizzy tunes form a gig a couple of months back - a bit unrehearsed as it's everyone's second band so forgive the guitar playing....

Cracking vocal on Dancing in the Moonlight .....looks a good band 

@ChrisCox1994  .......... way to sell it dude "this is gonna be shit! " ... really made me laugh. I thought it was really good :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk