Plugin Alliance

What's Hot
Just decided to have a look on the Plugin Alliance website and I love their business model.

You can pay 250 and you get access to all their plugins for a year then at the end of the year you get to spend the 250 on the ones you liked best.

So it's not a subscription service, you get to spend the money. It's more like a year long demo in exchange for committing to buy 250 bucks worth at the end.

I personally think a year vs a month makes a massive difference in a demo.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    They have some fantastic plugs.

The pricing structure makes it hard to work out exactly what way is best - most of the good plugins cost $250-300 in normal times, so the annual $250 voucher doesn't necessarily go a long way.

On the other hand there are regular sales, and since Feb of this year I've purchased;

Lindell 80, TE-100 & 254 comp
    BX_N, E & Focusrite
    Oberhausen
    Unfiltered Audio Fault

And that's came to around $250 all in.

I am quite excited to check out the Lindell API desk when it arrives, but I think it's going to be expensive and I'll probably not get it until it eventually joins a sale.

Any plugs you particularly enjoy @thegummy ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I use the mix and master sub at just over £14 a month i think it’s excellent value. Plus if i use for the year i get that back as a lump. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I have quite a few plugins of theirs- about 30 all up but they were bought before the subscription came out.

The heavy hitters (as BX call anyone owning more then 20 plugins) were given a discount on the subscription but it was still $180 a year for the rest of the plugins which didn't really stack up to me.
    I have all the ones of theirs I regularly use and about a dozen or so I hardly use at all.
  • stratologystratology Frets: 181
    edited September 2020
    I use them as well, but I don't use the subscription, I usually buy during sales, and use vouchers.

They have a Facebook group where people frequently give away vouchers (with approval from PA).

Some of my favourites are bx_rooMS, bx_subsynth, and the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (identical to the UAD version..). I have quite a few of their plugins, great quality, great business model.
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Very interesting. First time I’ve looked at their subscription / voucher model. It does look attractive, especially compared to Waves and their diabolical WUP. If I were starting over again,I’d look at PA seriously, but with hundreds of third party plugins already owned (including dozens of Waves), it’s too late for me! 
  • Ive got quite a bit of their stuff all from sales plus loyalty couvhers though, no subs
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I have one of their subs, and I still haven't explored everything!!

Bye!

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Cirrus said:
    They have some fantastic plugs.

The pricing structure makes it hard to work out exactly what way is best - most of the good plugins cost $250-300 in normal times, so the annual $250 voucher doesn't necessarily go a long way.

On the other hand there are regular sales, and since Feb of this year I've purchased;

Lindell 80, TE-100 & 254 comp
    BX_N, E & Focusrite
    Oberhausen
    Unfiltered Audio Fault

And that's came to around $250 all in.

I am quite excited to check out the Lindell API desk when it arrives, but I think it's going to be expensive and I'll probably not get it until it eventually joins a sale.

Any plugs you particularly enjoy @thegummy ?
    I haven't got this offer to try all the plugins but I have a few from there - the SPL Transient Designer, SPL De-verb and BX_Solo.

Didn't realise how expensive a lot of their plugins were, I was thinking the 250 would get you a few.
  • thegummy said:
    Didn't realise how expensive a lot of their plugins were, I was thinking the 250 would get you a few.
    Always buy when they do sales. Regular prices are insane - just like with Waves. But when you buy a plugin during a sale, you don't have to re-purchase it just to get a compatibility update with no new features, as you do with Waves...

When you subscribe to the PA newsletter, sales offers come in every week.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:
    Always buy when they do sales. Regular prices are insane - just like with Waves. But when you buy a plugin during a sale, you don't have to re-purchase it just to get a compatibility update with no new features, as you do with Waves...

When you subscribe to the PA newsletter, sales offers come in every week.
    Nice one!

Any recommended plugins from them?

I hear good things about the BX Refinement, quite interested in that if it was much cheaper.