JBL 104 Or Presonus Eris 3.5 monitors Xmas present help

What's Hot
Hi I can have some monitors for Xmas  for £80  JBL 104 or Eris 3.5 

They will be used with a Scarlett 2i2 into a MacBook Pro  for the purpose of recording  guitar cover 
 videos for YouTube with GarageBand and iMovie   Or basic demos  .

I currently have some behringer ms16s about 10 or more years old in my iMac 2007 .

What in your opinion is the better of the two. If I need mixing and mastering I can get a friend to do it 
  with  Better gear.   Would these be good enough for YouTube covers and as a sketch pad for 
  constructing my own Music.

Thank you for any help  Paul 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3684
    edited September 2020
    I recently got the Eris units for a second home studio for a mix of my pro TV production stuff and my band. i am shuttling between two homes with extra care duties.

knocked out by the quality.. be great at three times the price.  Will take balanced 1/4” and phono and mono 1/4” 

Not tried the others but can’t fault the presonus units.   Great with electric and acoustics, lots of volume if you need it, solid bass.    JBL is a solid make though.

An unhesitating recommendation on the Eris units. Will do your jobs fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I recently got the Eris units for a second home studio for a mix of my pro TV production stuff and my band. i am shuttling between two homes with extra care duties.

knocked out by the quality.. be great at three times the price.  Will take balanced 1/4” and phono and mono 1/4” 

Not tried the others but can’t fault the presonus units.   Great with electric and acoustics, lots of volume if you need it, solid bass.    JBL is a solid make though.

An unhesitating recommendation on the Eris units. Will do your jobs fine.
    Thanks man, that’s is absolutely super helpful as I originally heard about eris 3.5 from a search on here . From the stuff you are doing with them they should be ideal for me. 

Thanks so much it has been a real help 
  • Another rave review from me for the Presonus - got them for a kitchen setup and am blown away! Ideal for a mobile setup - amazing mids for the money!

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    If the 3.5's are anything like the E5's then they will be good!
  • I’m selling a pair or Eris 3.5’s if you are interested?? Pm me.
    Hi thanks ,but they are  being bought me as an Xmas present and they want to buy them new or I would have snatched your hand off. Thanks very much though Appreciate it
    Hi thanks ,but they are  being bought me as an Xmas present and they want to buy them new or I would have snatched your hand off. Thanks very much though Appreciate it
    No problem at all. They are acting as a desktop stand for my Revv G20 amp head at the moment. Not really the best use for them as they are excellent little monitors.