How's the latency with action cams?

For the purposes of live online guitar lessons.

I've been toying around with OBS Studio and Zoom the last couple days, fiddling to aggregate my audio and video sources.

On the Video side, I've managed to get a multi-cam type thing going on where my zoom screen will show a composite of my webcam, Guitar Pro, and a fretboard cam, with the awkward little empty bit being filled with a mini window Reaper feed.

I was using a phone app for the fretboard view that streams via URL which can be selected as a source in OBS, but the latency is noticeable between it and the webcam/audio (which are pretty close)

The purpose is so I don't have to switch screens etc for my teacher and don't have to stand up and try to position myself so he can see what I'm doing in the webcam.

So, anyone know of any lower latency apps or would an action cam do a better job.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Sorted. The Iriun app via wifi seemed to do the job with minimal latency, although I'd still be interested in hearing how action cams do.

Anyhow, I've got all my audio from zoom coming via my DAW, all my DAW audio plus guitar pro going direct to my teacher, a Blue Snowball USB for talking, monitoring everything we both need to hear via headphones, and an otherwise silent room.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom