What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    what do they go for used but clean?
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326

If you want an all in one small solution then no brainer go for the stomp.  
    If you want to connect the unit to a pc then get the stomp as it is an interface whereas the HX effects isn't,

If you want to use the unit as a multi effects unit into an amp  then get the HX Effects.

I'm selling  a stomp in the classifieds me old mucker!   

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    thomasw88 said:

If you want to connect the unit to a pc then get the stomp as it is an interface whereas the HX effects isn't,

If you want to use the unit as a multi effects unit into an amp  then get the HX Effects.

Doesn't the Stomp have multi FX too though?
    tae be or not tae be
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Hootsmon said:
    thomasw88 said:

Yes, all of the same effects.  I have owned both, and still have the Stomp which I much prefer and have no intention of selling, it is a fantastic piece of kit.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    Hootsmon said:
    thomasw88 said:

Yes it does.
    But you only get 3 foot switches which is limiting. The hx effects has  8 which is much easier if you want to treat it like a pedalboard.
  • Hootsmon said:
    thomasw88 said:

HX FX user here...  

The HX FX seems to be built with more appropriate hardware and connectivity for those (like me) who want to use their own amps. It has slightly more switches to use. It lets you send MIDI to other devices (amps, external effects, whatever) when loading new presets and snapshots - the Stomp doesn't. There's no headphone output because it's not providing the amplification or the final sound - the Stomp is.

So, to put on your board and integrate into your setup - HX FX. As a stand alone, small unit that just needs headphones - Stomp. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    The HX Stomp is perfect for adding to pedal boards if you want to use in conjunction with other pedals, it can fit on small pedalboards easily.

If you put it at the end of your chain and set up patches both with and without amps, it can be used for just effects with your amp, or recording, headphone practice, straight to PA if you can’t be arsed taking an amp somewhere, or as a back up if you ever have amp issues.

I did like the HXFX but I used that as a standalone pedal board as it’s fairly large. I wouldn’t want to own a pedal board big enough to incorporate that with other pedals but that’s just me.