Advice on live set up please

sijos1sijos1 Frets: 18
Hello,

I am involved with running a folk/music club locally and have had 2 fortnightly meetings since the relaxation. The venue has strict controls and it is run as safely as possible. With this in mind we have operated on an acoustic basis only which is fine when there is no background chat etc but ideally it needs a touch of amplification as some performers are quieter than others. I am thinking about setting up my Aston Origin condenser microphone in front of the stage directly into my AER Compact 60. I am concerned about feedback etc as we are not allowed to move around the venue and jumping up to kill the feedback would not be possible. 

Has anyone tried a similar set up and if so how did it go? 

Many thanks in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited October 2020
    Ive done similar with the Roland acoustic combo, I use a small 6 ch mackie mixer, 2 guitars and an SM58 then all out the mixer into the combo , works well in a small venue.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Set the amp behind the performer and run both guitar and a vocal mic direct to the amp? Or, if you have a mixer/can run to a cheap one, run through a cheap mixer that's off to one side so you can adjust balance on the fly, as per Mr Spark.

If people are going to be singing into a mic, then you probably need either multiple mics or some cleaning protocol between performers at the moment ...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    You probably need to have the amp off to the side of the mic, not behind it. Set it up to deliberately feed back and then reduce the level by at least 6dB and you should be safe from accidentally triggering it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein