What interface forReaper on Mac?

What's Hot
as it says please.

Needs to handle guitar and vocals at the same time

ta

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1642

The Focusrite 2i2 gets a lot of mention and I am sure it is a worthy interface but it has had its issues.

Value for money (and bundled with Cubase as against the "weird" Ableton live) is the Steinberg UR22. Well reviewed and I have not read any word against it.

But my top reccy if you can go the extra £60 or so is the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6.

Has the usual combi XLR mic/line/instr inputs but then an additional pair of balanced line inputs. Four balanced outs, MIDI and S/PDIF. It has the excellent Cirrus Logic converters and the best, lowest latency drivers you will see unless you go RME.

It too comes with Cubase and Kontakt player and you can download about 3G of samples.

Dave.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Roland Capture Duo ?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26922
    If you've got Firewire, the TC Impact Twin is a good shout - I loved mine. All the features of the Focusrite above (but with better preamps, IMO), along with built-in compression, de-essing, parametric EQ and monitoring reverb, all of which can be set per input channel.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24712
    I've got USB3 and Thunderbolt
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Firewire will work with Thunderbolt with an adapter iirc.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Don't forget the maudio fast track pro, it's a rock solid interface, and pretty much industry standard
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26922
    Also - don't get sucked in by interfaces proclaiming the use of USB3 for the extra bandwidth. From memory, USB2 can easily handle 48 x 96kHz/24-bit streams in and out simultaneously without even using half of the available bandwidth.
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
    edited July 2014
    USB 2 is fine, just try to avoid using a hub.  I'm using a Focusrite 18i20 and Octopre, I've had no hiccups plugging straight in.
    Yup. USB2 is fine.