Pedals you never use but won't sell

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I have an early 90's Morley Wah which I have had since I was a kid. A few years ago I have a Crybaby and sold it as I decided I preferred the Morley. The Morley was bought for me so I kind of feel bad selling it. It has been sitting gathering dust for a long time so I decided to plug it in. 

I genuinely don't think I will ever use it but can't bring myself to sell it.

Anyone else have pedals like that?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have most of the moogerfooger pedals. 
    They come out once in a blue moon but I would never part with them

apart from the delay pedal. Thats always in use. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    edited October 2020
    Zoom Ultra Fuzz

It was a present and it's too cool to sell, but I really don't use it at all now - although I possibly might again one day. Plus the LED is far too dim and it's a surface-mounted type which is hard to change.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10433
    I have 3 Blackstar valve pedals, 2 identical and one slightly different. They can be picked up dirt cheap as people hate their size and their odd power requirement but they sound amazing so I have one in use and 2 spares. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    I have a Hotcake I very rarely use, but it was The Sound of my old originals band, so I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons. I'm sure I'll use it again in future when I want that sound. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I have a Hotcake I very rarely use, but it was The Sound of my old originals band, so I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons. I'm sure I'll use it again in future when I want that sound. 
    And they sound incredible into a Bad Cat ;)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12410
    I have an 80s/90s Arion distortion pedal in a plastic casing.  It's a horrific waspish sound but the stereo setting doesn't work so not worth selling.

It's okay as a higher gain overdrive if you turn the distortion to 0 and turn the guitar volume down a bit.  Will never go back on my board unless an OD pedal melts - just can't bring myself to throw it away.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I've got a wardrobe full of pedals I'll never sell.
    Mainly cos I can't be arsed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Only one: a mid-70s Roland AD-50 Double Beat Fuzz Wah that sounds immense. I regularly think about selling it to put some funds towards an amp, but I can't bring myself to do it. I probably need someone to just magically know about it and PM me an offer above £300. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    Zakk Wylde Cry Baby,

I can't be arsed to set it up alongside my POD HD500X, and the built-in wah models on that do the job.

But god does it have the most amazing little sweet spot where it goes from a standard wah to a scream. Cumbersome, impractical, but amazing fun.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Boss CS-2  Have bought and sold 5 different ones over the years, so figured it's easier to hang on to it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    in general I'm not using pedals at all. But I do have a couple I like, and I'm not thinking of selling. An analogman king of tone, a RAT whiteface reissue, several 80s boss pedals, like the CE-3, the DM-3 and the DS-1, a fulltone fulldrive.

Nothing special about them, but they just work nicely for me. So it's nice to have them around to mess around from time to time.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9660
    Boss OD-1. Usurped by a more house volume friendly OD-3. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    I have a Hotcake I very rarely use, but it was The Sound of my old originals band, so I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons. I'm sure I'll use it again in future when I want that sound. 
    And they sound incredible into a Bad Cat ;)
    True enough. I should try the Ricky through it with a hint of Deco. I'd bet that would be a good noise :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    Unlike guitars, I don't think there is a single pedal that I would not let go if I happened to come across something that I actually preferred. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Any excuse to post this!  I don't have the heart to use it, or sell it

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    A DOD FX80-B compressor. I've not used it for years but I know that if at any time I need a compressor it's a real good'n.

A Fender tone and volume pedal based on the original DeArmond unit of the 50s. Bought originally to use with a console steel guitar it can also sound good with regular guitar, e.g. Jim Sullivan's solo on The Crying Game. I can't remember the last time it was used but maybe someday.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Line6 Pod 2.  I won it in a raffle on this site and that fact alone means it won't get sold.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Boss dd20. 
    Better sounds and functionality , from smaller packages now. 

It's battered and done so many gigs it's mad. Worth more in sentiment than it is to sell. 
  • POD HD 500.

Because it sounds like shit, has awful routing, and no-one would want it.

• slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    I've got pedals that go on and off boards. Some were bought cheap that are now super expensive so I generally hoard them.