SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD!! Rift Plexi 25 head w/reverb | accepts EL34s+6V6s | immaculate | price crash £975

2»

Comments

• RiftAmps said:
    Would it be too cheeky to ask @RiftAmps if this amp covers JCM 800 territory? 
    Which JCM800? There are quite a few models in that range...

Honestly, I don't know enough about the differences to pin it down to a specific model. I suppose my question was does it cover the general "classic" 80's heavy rock/metal territory that the range is synonymous with?

This is the problem with asking a renowned expert, it really lays your ignorance bare. :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer btw, I know you must be very busy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @RiftAmps I've had a little read and it's the 2203 I'm thinking of. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3172
    tFB Trader
    @RiftAmps I've had a little read and it's the 2203 I'm thinking of. 

It won't go that far, but would probably do Van Halen 1. I haven't heard the amp since I build it, can't really remember how much gain it actually has!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• RiftAmps said:

It won't go that far, but would probably do Van Halen 1. I haven't heard the amp since I build it, can't really remember how much gain it actually has!
    I going to grab an SC20 for now, because that's the itch that needs scratching. I'm pretty sure that there is a Rift amp in my future though... You website is giving me absolutely savage GAS. 
  • dts67dts67 Frets: 195
    RiftAmps said:

It’s a 2203 preamp design, same circuit up to the cold cathode clipper - Gain wise - JCM800 2203, Slash and early EVH. Loves tube streamers.
  • dts67 said:
    RiftAmps said:

It’s a 2203 preamp design, same circuit up to the cold cathode clipper - Gain wise - JCM800 2203, Slash and early EVH. Loves tube streamers.
    If it was near enough to try go and try it out I think I would, but it isn't so I shall also I have to stick to my SC20 plan. I've managed to get a good price on the cab already courtesy of black Friday. Just need to find a head at the right price.

Thanks for the info though. :) 
  • dcgdcg Frets: 231
    dts67 said:
    RiftAmps said:

Thanks @dts67: as you know, I'm hazy on the subject of Marshall-type amps generally, so really appreciate your inputs to this thread...
    early Sunday don't-you-want-me-baby bump...
    Monday lots of near misses, but no sales bump...
    Saturday evening bump...still here, and ready to snarl
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    thank you, @Rich210!
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    No worries pall I'm hoping someone else gets this before I do. I just can't rationalise another amp! 
  • At last.  This was killing me!