So how did he solve this in this video

What's Hot
He said if you cut the Mids to rid the muddiness , the high frequencies were more prominent making it too harsh . I’m not quite catching how he sorted it out , it’s very interesting like the other video I posted 

I’m missing understanding how he remedied  that when he cut or boosted a set of frequencies Without the remaining ones being overwhelming 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I watched up to 7 minutes but I dont think he did. Its common to do a surgical EQ around those freq's to get rid of anything annoying though with 4k being a common example.

Personally I'm a total savage with guitars though because I would have cut the low mids *and* put a tilt shelf to boost the high mids. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I don’t know what a tilt shelf is  but I’m assuming it’s some kind of curve that looks like a plateau 
      I’ve heard of soft and hard knee compression or filters too. Going to have to read up .
  • I just saw it described as if you lift the top the bottom goes down, if you lift the bottom the top goes down or vice versa with cuts 
  • Only if you auto correct for the same perceived volume. The reason his top frequencies sounded louder was because he added 0.2db of volume to everything to make up for the volume drop when he cut the mids. 

Actually if you cut then everything above the cut gets quieter too because it will affect the apparent volume of octaves and he was using quite broad cuts in that example. 

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Man I gotta learn all this stuff :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview