Revival Drive Quick Video! with Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
Hi Guys 

Very quick video for those interested what the TMDR will sound like with an overdrive pedal. 

Got the pedal out of the box had a quick 5min play then just hit record on my iPhone. Nothing fancy. Just went through the 3  sample settings. Fender, Marshall and Vox sounds. I was amazed how well it cleans up with the guitar volume. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds very nice, some great playing there too!
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice. It seems like this amp really shines when you add an amp-like drive or a compressor (for cleans).
  • It’s very amp like. It’s a rubbish video and doesn’t do it justice. I might record a better one with something more structured and edited but it was a quick run through.

• Would a light gain overdrive into the revival drive sound good with amp? Any experience? Like a klon style or the lightspeed 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26992
    Would a light gain overdrive into the revival drive sound good with amp? Any experience? Like a klon style or the lightspeed 

Yes, definitely. My small board has a KOT clone into the RF Compact and it's a fantastic combination. I haven't tried Klon or Lightspeed into it but I'd be amazed it those didn't work nicely as well. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Sweet! How do you set your revival? Do you set and forgot and use guitar volume or do you tweak depending on what you are doing?
  • Would a light gain overdrive into the revival drive sound good with amp? Any experience? Like a klon style or the lightspeed 

Yes, definitely. My small board has a KOT clone into the RF Compact and it's a fantastic combination. I haven't tried Klon or Lightspeed into it but I'd be amazed it those didn't work nicely as well. 
    Sweet! How do you set your revival? Do you set and forgot and use guitar volume or do you tweak depending on what you are doing? Also do you use the KOT as a the main drive sound the layer the RD for extra gain or the other way?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26992
    Would a light gain overdrive into the revival drive sound good with amp? Any experience? Like a klon style or the lightspeed 

Sweet! How do you set your revival? Do you set and forgot and use guitar volume or do you tweak depending on what you are doing? Also do you use the KOT as a the main drive sound the layer the RD for extra gain or the other way?
    I'm not gigging, but I generally use the RD as a "proxy second channel" for my Badcat, usually to push it to more driven-Fender sorts of sounds, then the KOT gets added to that for more dirt. It's a glorious noise :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Lovely tones and playing Dean....

But don't you know, these amps sound crap and don't take pedals, and the mids don't sound good, and.... etc etc etc

Nice one mate =)

I'm not gigging, but I generally use the RD as a "proxy second channel" for my Badcat, usually to push it to more driven-Fender sorts of sounds, then the KOT gets added to that for more dirt. It's a glorious noise :) 
    I would love a bad cat one day. I would of got the paw but the release date kept getting pushed. 

I’m going to get to know the RD really well then get a Greer to try out. 
  • Yeah they sound nothing like the real thing. Hang on wait... there are knobs on the amp you can turn... oh that’s better 
    Lovely tones and playing Dean....

But don't you know, these amps sound crap and don't take pedals, and the mids don't sound good, and.... etc etc etc

Nice one mate =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom