TC The Mimiq for recording.

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4159
So as far as I understand  you can put the Mimiq at the end of the chain and then take the two outputs into different inputs of your interface (2i2)  it will then output slightly different tracks based on the algorithm and how much you dial it in?  

Double track in one take.

i suppose if you put a cab simulator pedal between the end of chain and Mimiq  you will get it on both your tracks .

or in Logic you could load in IR’s  on the channels .

thanks for any info 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've never tried it at the end of the chain - it always seemed far more logical to put it at the beginning to create two distinct guitar signals, and have two separate effect and amp chains after it.

My favourite use for it was to take a DI feed from the beginning of the bassist's chain in a four piece (one guitar). The dry through would go to their board, and the doubled signal would come over into my Helix, run through an octave-up block and  5150 amp model and cab and out into my power amp along with my chain. The trick was that this extra fake-guitar signal would only be activated when I switched to my solo snapshot, thus providing a pseudo-rhythm-guitar under the solos and preventing the "dropout" effect.

For recording, I confess that I did sometimes cheat and use a Mimiq to double-track at the same time, but again...I'd use two entirely different effect/amp/cab chains for extra distinctiveness between the signals.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's basically how you use it.  I had one, but found it colored my tone, which required more tweaking to get the original tone. 

My favourite use for it was to take a DI feed from the beginning of the bassist's chain in a four piece (one guitar). The dry through would go to their board, and the doubled signal would come over into my Helix, run through an octave-up block and  5150 amp model and cab and out into my power amp along with my chain. The trick was that this extra fake-guitar signal would only be activated when I switched to my solo snapshot, thus providing a pseudo-rhythm-guitar under the solos and preventing the "dropout" effect.

This seems like a great idea, have you got any clips of it in action? And it sounds like you're talking in past-tense, so what did you switch to doing when you stopped using the Mimiq?

This seems like a great idea, have you got any clips of it in action? And it sounds like you're talking in past-tense, so what did you switch to doing when you stopped using the Mimiq?
    I don't have any clips handy, but I guess I could put something together this weekend.

It's past tense because that band now has two guitarists, and thus the solution is no longer necessary. Also, I don't have the Helix any more ;)
    <space for hire>

I don't have any clips handy, but I guess I could put something together this weekend.

It's past tense because that band now has two guitarists, and thus the solution is no longer necessary. Also, I don't have the Helix any more ;)
    No worries, I could rig up something myself to hear it, just wondered if you had anything from it in context.

Replacing the Helix with another guitarist, sure seems like a cheaper option ;-)

• Replacing the Helix with another guitarist, sure seems like a cheaper option ;-)
    Cheaper, but far less reliable :D
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom