NGD - And it’s a Peach!

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
in Guitar tFB Trader
I’ve made it known that I’ve not been playing the guitar recently and even the thought of playing made me feel tired and feeling.. “meh”. I have even gone to the extent of starting a few projects for myself which have either been sold or abandoned part way through. 

After much soul searching, thought and deliberation I realised I’ve simply been aiming towards the wrong goal. A large part of my issue has been to start a project, change my mind or lose interest half way through and side line it. This has happened numberous times and as highlighted by @WezV my joy seems to come from the creating process. Once it’s finished it loses its appeal and I move onto the next thing. This is great for the customers, not so much for me.

I had to dig a little deep to figure out when I was last “happy” playing the guitar. This goes back further than when I had the Lonestar believe it or not. I haven’t hidden the fact that I’m a Marshall fanboy which ties in with my last proper happy memory of playing which was of about 6-7 years ago... an Ibanez RG870 plugged into a Marshall (UK made) DSL combo. 

Rather than try to buy the same gear again I hit google in search of a guitar with a humbucker, floyd and flat radius neck. There’s certainly a lot to choose from out there but I’m into simplicity which explains my love of an Esquire. The Kramer Baretta jumped out but I got very easily distracted by a swirl finished Jackson Soloist. I gave it a few days of mulling before checking out the options again and I was still drawn to the Kramer. But as most of us do at some point I wandered onto Peach for a nosy (I’m doing some work for Tom there so I knew a purchase from them would be in safe hands). I had no idea they had started to do ESP/LTD. I’ve genuinely never heard a bad word about them and it wasn’t long before I found a rather lovely looking model to focus on. This guitar in question ticked so many boxes... neck through body construction, floyd, 14” radius, Ebony fretboard and a red paint finish. 

After another day or 2 of thought I made it happen. To highlight how awesome and efficient Peach are.. the guitar was bought mid morning on Wednesday, given a QC check and fresh strings by Tom at lunchtime and in my living room here in Northern Ireland by Thursday lunchtime. In tune straight out of the box and ready to plug in. I’m thoroughly impressed with how smooth everything has gone and I love the guitar. I even lost myself for an hour (too easily) yesterday playing some Def Leppard. The pickup is quite dark but very thick with good articulation. I’ll live with it for a while but I’m not against swapping it out for something a little brighter. The onboard boost is a cool feature too... it pretty much negates the need for a drive pedal. 

And here it is... the LTD M1 1987 in candy apple red. 

https://i.imgur.com/yFNduJA.jpg

Im absolutely delighted to the point that I’m already looking at another LTD!
0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Lovely guitar but even better that it’s given you back your mojo!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Prover rock machine, nice work 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited October 2020
    Nice, love a single bridge pickup rock guitar like these and fancied one when I first saw them announced! If they did a hardtail/non Floyd version of these I probably would've had one. Their "black metal" series look awesome too. ESP/LTD guitars are so good especially for the money. I'm often tempted to ditch my SG for an Eclipse.
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Wow loving the neck on that! Piece of wonder! Congrats on getting mojo back man
  • Wow, that looks ace! Didn't realise ltd did classic single pickup M guitars. Hngd! 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Now we're talking <3

Love the Kulick brothers (particularly Bob)

HNGD
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Love it. Wish I was cool enough to get away with that.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Perfection
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Great story and cool looking guitar, enjoy! :)
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    edited October 2020
    That is *so* nice, congratulations! Another one that @hollywoodrox is going to want badly :)

I’m glad you’ve got your mojo back, too :+1:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Thank you all, I really appreciate it. Obviously I know it’s a bit too pointy for the majority of the forum but it really is an amazing guitar. After playing around with it some more today I can already feel myself adapting to the neck. It has 10s on it just now, I might try 9s the next time. The boost switch is very, very cool. It completely removes the need for an overdrive pedal. I’m not sure exactly what it does or how it does it but under the fingers it feels like someone has switched on a TS9... you get a fuller and tighter sound with a little more gain. The tuning stability is superb too, I have a feeling that this won’t be my only LTD!
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    edited October 2020
    I've never played a bad LTD, and that is one of the sexiest guitars I've seen for a while... my wife actually laughed at how much I gushed over your picture of the heel :lol: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1578
    Pretty decent looking guitar - and - if its got your mojo back, cheap at any price :)
    HNGD indeed SC.
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Nice one. Glad you’re getting your mojo back
    www.theflyingacesband.com
  • Supercool!
    tFB Trader
    I've never played a bad LTD, and that is one of the sexiest guitars I've seen for a while... my wife actually laughed at how much I gushed over your picture of the heel :lol: 
    Neither have I funnily enough. It sounds fantastic and the overall look is just right for me. At least this way I suppose I can build myself a guitar on the side and take my time and enjoy the process 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Nice man, these do look awesome! I was considering one of the Tele shaped ones a while back.

Glad its got you yer mojo back too :) 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:
    Nice man, these do look awesome! I was considering one of the Tele shaped ones a while back.

Glad its got you yer mojo back too :) 
    I have my eye on the EC1000 floyd version. But I need to let the dust settle before doing anything silly ;) 

Mojo back just now, I hope it hangs around for a while!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited October 2020
    Sorry but you can't fool me... thats not a peach. A peach is a small, round, furry fruit with a brickie cleavage.  That's a guitar!!!  And a very nice one too...lovely colour, bit pointy for my tastes, but sadly in need of some repair (I don't know if you noticed, but some bugger has pinched your neck pickup!).  o

Seriously, very nice...enjoy!  ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited October 2020
    Trouble is there are too many nice LTD guitars to pick just one! I keep going back to GAS'ing hard for the BK-600 Bill Kelliher Eclipse. Looks almost perfect for me specs wise, just a shame they went for that aged green silverburst instead of a grey. 

As I've said before, last time I got to play a load of guitars I played LTD directly after the new Epi/Gibson ranges and I felt like the LTDs at all price ranges felt so much better than all but the high end Gibson's.