SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: JB SH-4 + '59 SH1-N Nickel covered set.

Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
edited October 2020 in Parts £
Hi. Looking for the above set if there's any going spare. Would consider the SH-2N or other alternative that compliments the JB.

Cheers,

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited October 2020
    Looks like you’re on the same path as me. Just bought a nickle covered jazz and a JB bridge. To replace my equally great existing pickups (which may end up in the classifieds). Just wanted to try something different  

Hope you get a set soon. I literally posted for that combination on here last week in the hope of getting a set. Good luck 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    Looks like you’re on the same path as me. Just bought a nickle covered jazz and a JB bridge. To replace my equally great existing pickups (which may end up in the classifieds). Just wanted to try something different  

Hope you get a set soon. I literally posted for that combination on here last week in the hope of getting a set. Good luck 
    Cheers. Yes I've been looking at the hot rod set also. I once played a Les Paul with this pickup combination and remember it sounding excellent. They'll be replacing some 57 classics. 
    Jeddy3 said:

Cheers. Yes I've been looking at the hot rod set also. I once played a Les Paul with this pickup combination and remember it sounding excellent. They'll be replacing some 57 classics. 
    There’s a set of OX4 hot duane in the classifieds now I see also. Could be a good alternative but if you’ve tried a set of SD and like them then its a no brainier :)
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    Ah yes I've seem those. Would love to try but a little above my budget unfortunately  :s
    edited October 2020
    Jeddy3 said:
    Ah yes I've seem those. Would love to try but a little above my budget unfortunately  s
    I’d be surprised you’d be able to get a SD  nickle covered set for a lot less but saying that a jb went on eBay for £56 plus postage and a 59 went for £46 earlier today. They were about 18 years old but that shouldn’t matter ? 

Really hope you get a set here though