Guitars with Sustainer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jackson also did a dinky with an S suffix for sustainer can’t remember the year though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jackson also did a dinky with an S suffix for sustainer can’t remember the year though
    According to the Sustainiac website that was the DK2S, I think 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    thegummy said:
    axisus said:
    Off topic, but I put a sustainer on one of my guitars. They are rather fun!
    When I briefly searched for installation instructions there was a kind of general sense that they're a bit of a hassle to install in a guitar.

Usually the stock setup of a guitar means nothing to me, I always change all the electronics and specs to suit me but that's why I'm looking for stock for the sustainer.

How did you find it?
    As in where did I get the pickup? I bought it new from Feline. They aren't cheap! It's in my Angel Tele, I specifically chose the single coil look rather than humbucker, even though it was going into a humbucker rout. I wanted something of that 'Frankenstrat' vibe (or Frankentele in my case)

this was wiring in progress!

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    axisus said:
    thegummy said:
    axisus said:
    Off topic, but I put a sustainer on one of my guitars. They are rather fun!
    When I briefly searched for installation instructions there was a kind of general sense that they're a bit of a hassle to install in a guitar.

Usually the stock setup of a guitar means nothing to me, I always change all the electronics and specs to suit me but that's why I'm looking for stock for the sustainer.

How did you find it?
    As in where did I get the pickup? I bought it new from Feline. They aren't cheap! It's in my Angel Tele, I specifically chose the single coil look rather than humbucker, even though it was going into a humbucker rout. I wanted something of that 'Frankenstrat' vibe (or Frankentele in my case)
    Sorry I meant how did you find the installation process?

There are a lot of wires, was there a lot of complicated wiring to be done?

Was routing of the body required for the battery?

Even if you found it quite easy, can you see why others have said it's not?