Two people working on Reaper

Hi there

I have started using Reaper and am getting by pretty much making it up as I go along - so far so good.

I've now got a project in mind whereby I want to work remotely (out of COVID related necessity - he actually doesn't live that far away) with someone else who also has Reaper.

Is it possible for me to record my parts of a tune and then email it to him to complete? If so, what would I need to do?

There is a possible complication in that I run Reaper on PC and he has a Mac.

Martin
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited October 2020
    Record your parts and bounce the individual tracks as wav files... send them to him and he can import them into his daw no problem...

a few of us here on tFB just did the exact same thing.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/191247/a-fretboard-collaboration-dirty-snake-mouth#latest

None of us have ever met as far as I know!...
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    You could store the session on a cloud-based drive like OneDrive or Dropbox, and both access it directly (though ideally not at the same time!).
  • Thanks chaps.

I have to say that I marvel at what Reaper can do and also what some on here can achieve with it. I have to say that I have got as far as using it like a fancy cassette multi-track and that is possibly as far as I will get :)

Seems to work out OK for me though.