Waves 12

What's Hot
So what does everyone think? Is it worth a year of waves update to get the new UI?

If they had bundled a permanent 2nd license it would be a no brainer but a years worth of second license doesnt seem that great..really dont want to be on the subscription train with them 
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I keep my WUP up to date so effectively the second license is permanent if you maintain WUP.
    Or another way to think of it is the second license is $237 a year.
    Worth it for me but I am fully invested in Waves- when I started buying their plugins they were the only game in town.
  • To a certain extent I'm just allergic to the subscription model, but especially for the waves plugs that I actually use out of the bundle I object to paying a couple fo hundred quid a year for stuff that hasn't changed since about 2010. They're hardly innovators.

On the other hand audio isn't my day job, its jsut an albeit fairly serious hobby so suspect the yearly charge prob bothers me more.

If I was going to jump on a subscription it would prob be plugin alliance too. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    For me the best plugin manufacturer is McDSP but most people don't know them.

I have about 30 plugin alliance plugins- they are great but many of their plugins are pretty similar to one another.
  • I've seen mcDSP on sales and stuff but never really seen many people talking about them. I have a few bits that im thinking about picking up at some point wonder if tehyre worth looking at over black friday specifically im looking to pickup up a distressor, a pultec and a tape saturation. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    octatonic said:
    For me the best plugin manufacturer is McDSP but most people don't know them.

I have about 30 plugin alliance plugins- they are great but many of their plugins are pretty similar to one another.
    I’ve heard of them but don’t own any of their plugins. I really should get myself an ILok.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    @octatonic have you tried the McDSP APB-16? That thing is killer.
    Stuckfast said:
    @octatonic have you tried the McDSP APB-16? That thing is killer.
    I haven't yet- I don't have £6K lying about for one so I am slightly worried that I will want it.
  • Waves has created some understandable anger by misleading claims of retina graphics being a feature of V12.

• I'm still on 11. Don't see the need to upgrade.

Bye!