SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Jazzmaster pickups

JD50JD50 Frets: 662
edited October 2020 in Parts £
After proper JM pickups any brand just no high gain or p90/humbucker/wrhb/Mij etc in a JM shape. Just after standard JM pickups,

In the past I've had Duncan Antiquity 2s which I loved and I also like the Fender Avri pickups.

I looked around the parts drawer recently and realised I have everything to build a JM partscaster except pickups and guard.

Thanks all

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4055
    Not sure if you'll be interested but the pickups from my Vintera 60s Jazzmaster could be available as I have bought some Creamery pickups to try (though not installed yet).  Nothing wrong with the Vintera pickups, I actually like the sound of the guitar as it is, I just happened to see the Creamery ones at a good price so snapped them up.  They are Tim Shaw designed and the regular 60s style not the "hot" version.  Let me know if they might be of interest.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    Thanks Chris, I've not heard or played anything Vintera. Is it the the New Mexican line of guitars? How are the pickups voiced? What price are you looking for?
    JD50 said:
    Thanks Chris, I've not heard or played anything Vintera. Is it the the New Mexican line of guitars? How are the pickups voiced? What price are you looking for?
    Yes, it is the new Mexican line. They had new pickups across the line designed by Tim Shaw.  They are 60s style, vintage voiced.  I found this quote from Tim Shaw...

“The 60s Jazzmasters in general had consistent pickups,” he continues, “so our ’60s Jazzmaster is a pretty typical example of those specs’’

The Fender website says ‘For authentic, vintage-style tone we re-voiced the pair of wide single-coil Jazzmaster pickups to behave more like the originals. The warm, smooth-sounding neck pickup is balanced by the bright, cutting bridge pickup’

How about £45 posted?

Sounds good to me but make sure you prefer the New pickups first.
    JD50 said:
    Sounds good to me but make sure you prefer the New pickups first.
    Fair point, I’ll get them installed and see if I like them. If not I’ll have a Creamery set to sell!
    No rush still need to decide on sratchplate
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14720
    Fender AV’65 pair, no covers or screws?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Fender AV’65 pair, no covers or screws?
    Thanks, let me check my guitar parts boxes see if I have some.covers knocking about. Assume there is wire attached, what you looking for pricewise?

Thanks