PRS S2 hollow bodys

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    I like the idea that PRS have developed their own style and size of pick-up but it renders changing them impossible.

Agreed. It's kind of a Catch-22. G&L is the same (for some models). I like the idea that you can get different tones but if you decide down the line you don't like the pickups you're up the proverbial creek. I suppose you could get them rewound, but I wonder how much different that'd make. A fair bit, I'm guessing, but maybe not enough if you just dislike the style of pickup.
    You know, that's not that bad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLin;290390" said:
    MattG said:

RaymondLin said:

@MattG   ,OMG, was looking for 408 and came across this.

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-experience-limited-408-semi-hollow-black-gold-2

408 semi hollow !

Why is this not a production model?!the fact alone that this is out there makes me happy and gives me hope!

If you have enough dough, it's available through private stock but yes, you are right, this is out there so if it ever comes up secondhand then I would snap it up ASAP !

You never know. I picked up a 2013 prs experience singlecut on gumtree - only 50 of those were made. That's why I am desperate to get another prs. I think they are amazing
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited July 2014
    RaymondLin;290390" said:
    MattG said:

RaymondLin said:

@MattG   ,OMG, was looking for 408 and came across this.

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-experience-limited-408-semi-hollow-black-gold-2

408 semi hollow !

Why is this not a production model?!the fact alone that this is out there makes me happy and gives me hope!

If you have enough dough, it's available through private stock but yes, you are right, this is out there so if it ever comes up secondhand then I would snap it up ASAP !

You never know. I picked up a 2013 prs experience singlecut on gumtree - only 50 of those were made. That's why I am desperate to get another prs. I think they are amazing
    There is a semi hollow Brent Mason at Brian's Guitar, it is around $10k !

I dread to think how much that 408 was. lol 

p.s. my single cut is a PRS Experience too but had to import it from the states. 
  • these are now up for sale at andertons - from £1048 to £1248.

i still recon these are priced too high. for £1580 you can get a core USA 408 from thomanns with hard case.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    I played an S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow today on Denmark Street.

I've owned two Custom 22's previously, and a few other USA PRS' and I'm happy to say that this one was just as well made & finished as the normal range. It had a nice weight & resonance, and I left before plugging it in to ensure that I didn't put an order in for a grey-black one!

I can't wait to see these start cropping up on the used market, the price that they're selling for new isn't bad, but you can get a normal used Custom 22 for the same or less, and then it would hold it's resale value too.

Either way, a cracking guitar, well done to PRS once again.