SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Boogie Rail (Floyd Rose “Rail Tail” type) Trem

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
edited November 2020 in Parts £
Evening Pop pickers,
Got something a bit “special” for your consideration this evening, a Boogie Rail Performance Tremolo

https://i.imgur.com/ByIn1hm.jpg

“ A what now ?” I suspect you’re saying !

Right 10 or so years ago this company called Boogie Rail appeared marketing this tremolo which they touted as being a “fully decked” dive only tremolo. The key difference to your trad six screw trem being that you screwed this semi tubular metal rail to the body using the usual mounting holes, gave it a light coating of grease then sat the bridge over it and the bridge kind of pivoted over the rail.

https://i.imgur.com/UfZhQTW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G67wPvQ.jpg

Its a pretty cool system in that the underside of the bridge plate does fully contact with the body and when in use you can easily achieve floppy string “wob wob” noises. They used to have some fairly funny YT videos of people using them.

Anyway I bought one, stuck it on a bitsa, enjoyed it for a while, broke the guitar for parts, stuck the trem in the parts bin. 

Boogie Rail totally went under in the interim, so I thought that was it.

Until a couple years of years back when Floyd Rose launched their “Rail Tail” trem which is so clearly a cop of the Boogie Rail that something has to have gone on somewhere !

So whilst you won’t find any actual Boogie Rail videos out there if you look for FR Rail Tail vids they’re essentially talking about the same idea 

Only thing is they’re pricey, looking at it they’re £200 all day long with some places trying to charge £400 for them which is clearly daft.

So, I thought, as a man with limited gas cash I’d stick this up for sale and see if anyone fancied a go on this style of trem for less.

It’s an almost complete trem.

You’ll get the Boogie Rail baseplate with screw in collar Floyd type arm 

Boogie Rail rail with “vintage”  2 7/32 screw spacing and mounting screws

Steel trem block, there are the remnants of a broken off trem arm in there but it doesn’t impact on usefulness as the Floyd arm doesn’t use the hole in the trem block

A set of Graphtech saddles, again vintage 2 7/32 string spacing.

I can also dig out some trem springs I think I’ve actually got a set of Gotoh High Tension ones if you want them but I’m not sure about a trem claw or screws so you might need to source those.

Its an interesting trem, bit different, I used to have it on a guitar with a T type bridge pickup and when the trem was decked it did seem to help it sound a bit more Tele-alike 
with the option to push down on the arm
and make braying donkey noises when the urge overtook me...

Anyway £70 posted anyone ?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments