SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Muddy Waters Telecaster

guitarpologuitarpolo Frets: 120
edited January 2021 in Guitars £
£710 SOLD on eBay. for this cool tele. Recently bought from this forum as I wanted to try it out. It’s an excellent playing and sounding tele, but I’m really after a blue telecaster (Edit: now bought) - or at least something to balance out the redness of my other guitars! The pickups deserve their high reputation - they are excellent. Some small chips on headstock as photographed, but condition is very good overall and it’s a rare instrument for sure.

——————————————————
9/1/21:
The bridge pickup has just had a little repair job at Oil City: wires replaced and resoldered and pickup re-potted.
——————————————————-

Some work was done on this guitar to bring it to life by Feline guitars by the previous owner so I’ll copy and paste a bit from that post:

All original and stock, and a back friendly 7.32lb.

I initially bought this from the forum earlier in the year, I paid just short of £800 for it. Although cosmetically it's probably the nicest example you could wish to find, playing wise though it was very dull. Sounded great, pickups fine, but just felt dull and lifeless, and no matter what I tried, adjusting the neck and action, it could only be adjusted so far and still felt dull and lifeless. 

So off to Jonathan at Feline it went, and Jonathan spent some quality time turning it into what it is now. The issue wasn't just the Truss rod though, as the neck was flat through the mid section and had quite a skijump/ducktail at the end of the neck, so the frets were skimmed and fallaway added. Finally to stop the saddles being so low a tiny amount of angle or pitch to the neck pocket so the saddles were able to be returned to a medium height with a nice action with plenty of adjustment up or down.

It's been a Tele that looks like it's seldom been played since leaving Fender in 2000, but now it plays like a boutique guitar, absolute killer. 

MODEL NAME - Muddy Waters Telecaster 
MODEL NUMBER - 013-8500-309 
SERIES - Artist Series 
COLOR - Candy Apple Red 
BODY - Ash 
NECK - Maple, “C” Shape 
NECK WIDTH - 1st Fret 42.60mm, 12th Fret 51.37mm
NECK THICKNESS - 1st Fret 0.88", 12th Fret 0.92"
MACHINE HEADS - Fender Vintage Style 
FINGERBOARD - Rosewood, 9.5” Radius
NO. OF FRETS - 21 Medium Jumbo Frets 
PICKUPS - 2 American Vintage Tele Single-Coil Pickups (Neck/Bridge), with Special Staggered Alnico 5 Magnets in the Bridge 
Pickup 
CONTROLS - Master Volume, Master Tone
BRIDGE - American Vintage with 3 Brass Saddles 
PICKUP SWITCHING - 3-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup 
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups 
Position 3. Neck Pickup 
CASE - Fender Deluxe Gig Bag 
PICKGUARD - 1-Ply White, (9-Hole)
SCALE LENGTH - 25.5” (648 mm) 
WEIGHT - 7.32lb
UNIQUE FEATURES - ‘60s Style “Custom Telecaster” Neck with “C” Shape, ‘50s Style Tele Body, “Top Hat” Switch Tip, Fender 
1-10 Amp Control Knobs, Muddy Waters Signature on Neckplate.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments