NAGD: Yamaha FG800M

What's Hot
SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
edited November 2020 in Acoustics tFB Trader
I don't play acoustic much but since giving my only acoustic guitar to my son-in-law I've been missing having one.

Virtually unplayed and still with plastic on the pickguard, I've made a new bone nut and saddle, dressed the fret ends and it'll do for me.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Did it come with a hardcase? Looks like a good find, good job.

IMO, cheap Yamahas are hard to beat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    It didn't but I had that already. It's a Yamaha branded Hiscox.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Those look like great value guitars. Very classy looking too. Was going to say that there's a decent tech near you but you seem to have already found him ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I've got the FS800 in vintage tint and it is rather addictive to play - Sweet sound and so comfy! Good looker too.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 747
    Yamaha FG's tick lots of boxes. I bought an FG5 from Yamaha London just before the lockdown and definitely one of the things which has seen me through the Summer! Brilliant. I think mine has been improved with Monel strings and brass bridgepins but all very subjective. Eastmans are giving Yamaha a run for their money at this price range but Yamaha still very consistently good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AqmltdAqmltd Frets: 16
    Somethin about yamis. Ive got a classical an a 12 string. Ive had a 6 string an an electric organ thang, got a big motor cycle and had 2 smaller ones too. Only leccy guitar i would buy is an sg2000. Enjoy your guitar m8.