Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Genuine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I'd want to see more pics but nothing jumps out at me thus far.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Shit photo but looks ok from the blurry mess that it is!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 'orrible colour, though. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4137
    That colour looks far better with different pick guard. Nice Tele(apart from bridge ;) )
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    Haha, I actually like the colour/pick guard etc.

About 40% off a new one isn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    New ones go for upwards of a grand now.

That's real. Looks to be shoreline gold. I had a 98 roadhouse strat in the same colour.
    edited July 2014
    Deadman said:
    That's real. Looks to be shoreline gold. I had a 98 roadhouse strat in the same colour.
    My money is on Blizzard Pearl but I'm not sure that colour goes as far back as '98 so you could well be correct.
    Do you guys think it is a fair price for the guitar and is 1998 a good period for Fender?
    The 90s wasn't a great decade for Fender. 

They used multi-piece spreads for the body (as many as 5 pieces) and the finish on the neck tends to flake off.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

They used multi-piece spreads for the body (as many as 5 pieces) and the finish on the neck tends to flake off.
    Well that sucks !
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2014

It looks Genuine but it's not a 'Real' Telecaster because it isn't butterscotch blonde, doesn't have a black scratchplate and doesn't have 3 brass saddles. :)

(Obviously this is a joke)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLin;291521" said:
    GuitarMonkey said:

Well that sucks !
    Doesn't mean it's a bad guitar though - the single best guitar I've ever played, including some really expensive ones, is still an epi Explorer of my mate's that I've offered more than its worth (offer 500, worth perhaps 200 or so!) for and he turned me down...

Try before you buy :) are you in a position to head round?
    ThePrettyDamned;291550" said:
    [quote="RaymondLin;291521"]GuitarMonkey said:

Well that sucks !
    Doesn't mean it's a bad guitar though - the single best guitar I've ever played, including some really expensive ones, is still an epi Explorer of my mate's that I've offered more than its worth (offer 500, worth perhaps 200 or so!) for and he turned me down...

Try before you buy :) are you in a position to head round? [/quote]

Nope, he is 200 miles away so it's like a £50 round trip and possibly need to take a day off work as well. 
  • Drat.

Unless it was a silly impulse purchase, I'd not buy sight unseen. If I was buying a 5 or 600 quid guitar, I reckon adding 10 percent to the cost at the weekend is worth while.

Though, asides from builds, my next guitar will be a feline. Hopefully. Unless my old bc rich comes up for sale.
    Drat.

Unless it was a silly impulse purchase, I'd not buy sight unseen. If I was buying a 5 or 600 quid guitar, I reckon adding 10 percent to the cost at the weekend is worth while.

Though, asides from builds, my next guitar will be a feline. Hopefully. Unless my old bc rich comes up for sale.
    Well, I want a Tele, ideal one is with a RW fretboard but this seems like a good deal on a USA tele.  I don't really want to pay over a grand for a tele...and there are millions of them around I guess so I could wait until the perfect one comes along.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    GuitarMonkey;291516" said:

Correct. Mine was 5 piece and the joins were very prominent, as was the grain. The lacquer flaking was attributed to Fender's practice of applying it directly over the frets. Everytime I picked mine up I always picked a bit more off. Sometimes it would flake off too much and expose bare wood.
  • RaymondLin;291570" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Drat.

Well, I want a Tele, ideal one is with a RW fretboard but this seems like a good deal on a USA tele.  I don't really want to pay over a grand for a tele...and there are millions of them around I guess so I could wait until the perfect one comes along.
    Wait it out until there is one you can try. As you say, they're super common and you want to make sure you like it, eg radius, body shape, sounds, switching etc. 500 quid is a lot of dollar to drop on something you realise plays in a way you don't like, sounds bad to your ears and is generally uncomfortable.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    You could ask him if he'll swap the guitar for a camera with auto-focus.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    Alnico said:

It looks Genuine but it's not a 'Real' Telecaster because it isn't butterscotch blonde, doesn't have a black scratchplate and doesn't have 3 brass saddles. :)

(Obviously this is a joke)

What @Alnico says... of course he's not joking at all ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"