SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard Honeyburst refin £1150

What's Hot
St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
edited November 2020 in Guitars £
My pal asked me to find him a great Les Paul standard that was not too pricey, and this was it as far as I was concerned. However, due to a recent change in his financial situation, it is up for grabs. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/0RMkoVv

Suffered the classic Gibson headstock break, but not too severe. Previous owner knew this guitar was too special to give up on and the luthier agreed. It was a great era for Les Pauls! Gibson were on the case. This has been expertly repaired and is now rock solid. It has had a full processional refinish so you cannot see it. Had I not known, I would swear this was a 2001 Les Paul in amazing condition.

This plays phenomenally well. The nashville bridge was upgraded to an abr-1 from an r9 at the same time, and the tailpiece is a locking Tonepros item. Comes with original pink lined case which is also in top condition.

£1150 collected or £1175 shipped. No trades.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Crikey from these pics you would never guess! Great looking guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PM'd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Sweet.

What break?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhi said:
    Sweet.

What break?

Literally no way of telling because of respray, and expertly repaired. It wasn't a bad break, unlike with my trusted 1996 Les Paul standard which has been totally trashed over the years!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What's the weight and is it a complete refin or just neck?

• What's the weight and is it a complete refin or just neck?

10 lbs according to my bathroom scales...this was before the dark days of chambered bodies of course. And complete refinish, done professionally. 
  • Humbucked said:
    PM'd.
    Sent you a message mate
  • I'm pretty sure this was on one of the Facebook groups for £200-300 less earlier this week... Not a bad markup in five days.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777 said:
    I'm pretty sure this was on one of the Facebook groups for £200-300 less earlier this week... Not a bad markup in five days.
    A Les Paul standard for a grand??? Crikey!!  That would be a bargain. I would say this is sat firmly in fair price land as it is if not priced a little low. 
    If he did buy it for a grand and is listing it for £300 more,with haggling etc he stands to make a ton on it so fair enough 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OK. Bought for a friend who asked me to find him a Les Paul of a decent spec at a good price. He entrusted me with that mission. See original post. Couldn't get hold of him to confirm when it came up but was sure it was right for him so took a punt. But when I did get hold of him, he said he couldn't commit. Pls read original post. 

As the honourable gent @gazrichards has pointed out,  not gonna make anything once you take into account of haggling, insured couriers, overdraft fees. As in...nothing. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stunning looking guitar and Nik is a total gent to deal with and I don't want to admit it but he's an awesome player too :-)

Good luck with the sale. 
  • Are you still friends?

• Stunning looking guitar and Nik is a total gent to deal with and I don't want to admit it but he's an awesome player too :-)

Good luck with the sale. 
    Agree with all that and dont forget his on stage dancing / swaying either - talented on so many levels :-)
  • Are you still friends?
    Yes. I owe him, he is one of my dearest compadres! 
  • OK. Bought for a friend who asked me to find him a Les Paul of a decent spec at a good price. He entrusted me with that mission. See original post. Couldn't get hold of him to confirm when it came up but was sure it was right for him so took a punt. But when I did get hold of him, he said he couldn't commit. Pls read original post. 

As the honourable gent @gazrichards has pointed out,  not gonna make anything once you take into account of haggling, insured couriers, overdraft fees. As in...nothing. 

I think you deserve to earn a few quid on it mate. You probably spent hours trawling listings and messaging folks, you either picked it up or dealt with incoming couriers. No doubt you’ve cleaned it, restrung it and given it at least a little love and attention and then to potentially tie up a grand of your hard earned cash in it until one of us gimps decides we need it too. 
    Fair play to you sir. A great guitar at a very fair price I think. 
    We’re I to be in the market for a Les Paul (I have two already) I’d at least make sure you made enough for a pint out of it for your trouble. 

I think you deserve to earn a few quid on it mate. You probably spent hours trawling listings and messaging folks, you either picked it up or dealt with incoming couriers. No doubt you’ve cleaned it, restrung it and given it at least a little love and attention and then to potentially tie up a grand of your hard earned cash in it until one of us gimps decides we need it too. 
    We’re I to be in the market for a Les Paul (I have two already) I’d at least make sure you made enough for a pint out of it for your trouble. 
    Thanks mate. If this sells, I might just be able to afford a couple of pints in JD Wetherspoons. If they are still selling for 99p a pint.

Thanks mate. If this sells, I might just be able to afford a couple of pints in JD Wetherspoons. If they are still selling for 99p a pint.
    Put it on other platforms for its rightful value then and you’ll have enough to get royally shitfaced and get a kebab after!!
    or reinvest that profit into buying something off another fretboarder and then any haters will have less reason to be dicks about it. Recirculate the wealth!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    If he bought it cheap and sells it on in a few days at a regular price, what’s the problem?
  • daveyh said:
    If he bought it cheap and sells it on in a few days at a regular price, what’s the problem?
    Even if I got asking price now, and I rarely do on here - people make offers which is totally fine - I would be up by maybe £50 as I had to pay for courier to get it in first place, and offering shipping included to the buyer, and use my overdraft. 

I could give you examples of trades or things I have sold on here last 12 months, where I have lost a hundred or two. Win some, lose some. Which is why myself and @DrCornelius are planning to write a book, working title "How to Maintain a Healthy Marriage Whilst Haemorrhaging Money on Guitars." 

Tell you what...for the sake of transparency I will accept an offer of £1200 for this, shipped. If anyone choses to pay £1250, I will donate £50 to a charity nominated by the buyer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • How big is the neck?