J45 Montana Studio

My acoustic search continues. Due to Covid I'm in a difficult situation of being in tier 3 and so really not meant to travel out the area. Lincoln has only one guitar shop which isn't great so it makes me wonder about buying online. I've seen the J45 Montana at Andertons. If I get a J45 I ideally want sunburst but this seems stangely cheap at £1299 in antique natural https://www.andertons.co.uk/gibson-montana-j-45-studio-in-antique-natural-rs4sann19?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces

What's the deal with the Montana guitars - are they decent for the money? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    That’s the Studio model. Lower spec than a Standard, thinner body and not the same in tone or volume. Nice enough but that’s why it’s ‘cheap’
  • Andy79 said:
    That’s the Studio model. Lower spec than a Standard, thinner body and not the same in tone or volume. Nice enough but that’s why it’s ‘cheap’
    Thanks. Sadly I'm in the position where my tastes have increased but my budget hasn't done so inline! May end up having to buy used which is fine, but just not so much of an option in trying before I buy
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    The old adage, when buying a Gibson for gods sake try it first 
  • Basically what @Andy79 said. Montana is where they make the acoustics (all of them, iirc).
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It’s a budget (read nothing like a real 45 though build wise). J15 is where I’d be looking if you wanted a proper none studio Gibson acoustic. 
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Andy79 said:
    The old adage, when buying a Gibson for gods sake try it first 
    This a thousand times over, especially when thinking of dropping that amount of cash on a guitar. 

I'd recommend patience until things have let up a bit, and then getting out and trying a few.