SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: £1700 Suhr Classic Antique SSS sunburst rosewood

What's Hot

Comments

• amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    Which area of sunny Brum are you @vincechu89 ? i'm only up the road near Smoke on stench... up for a trade with another prs?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    Which area of sunny Brum are you @vincechu89 ? i'm only up the road near Smoke on stench... up for a trade with another prs?
    I’m afraid I’m only looking for sales at this point in time as have bills to pay.
    I’m afraid I’m only looking for sales at this point in time as have bills to pay.

ok, fair enough,  what neck profile do these have and do you have a weight? i should imagine its in the 7lb something area

ok, fair enough,  what neck profile do these have and do you have a weight? i should imagine its in the 7lb something area
    Hi its 3.2kg or 7.055lb, but bearing in mind i only have some basic digital scales and had to work this out by weighing myself with the guitar then deducting my own weight. It’s definitely lighter than any LP I’ve had and comparable to my strats. Per online It has the Pattern Vintage neck profile with an asymmetric carve that is as thick as the standard Pattern neck, but with a little girth shaved off at the treble side for added comfort

Hi its 3.2kg or 7.055lb, but bearing in mind i only have some basic digital scales and had to work this out by weighing myself with the guitar then deducting my own weight. It’s definitely lighter than any LP I’ve had and comparable to my strats. Per online It has the Pattern Vintage neck profile with an asymmetric carve that is as thick as the standard Pattern neck, but with a little girth shaved off at the treble side for added comfort

thats near enough thanks! hmmm i do like a pattern neck, cheers
  • AflfAflf Frets: 24
    Absolute bargain. Without Brexit I would have bought it already.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2602
    PRS is virtually identical to mine which (according to Peach when I bought it, I've never actually checked) weighs 7.25lbs.  So a smidgen over 7lbs seems pretty likely.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    PRS is virtually identical to mine which (according to Peach when I bought it, I've never actually checked) weighs 7.25lbs.  So a smidgen over 7lbs seems pretty likely.
    Thanks, if people are concerned about the weight I’ll try to weigh it more accurately and take averages of many attempts etc, but it’s light weight and similar to my strats so it has never been a problem or concern to me.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    It really is pretty light.When I had this very guitar, it was one of the lightest, more manageable guitars that I had. If it helps, here's an ad from Peach when they had a used one for sale. You'll see that this one comes in at 7.25lb, if my poor old eyes can make it out correctly. https://www.peachguitars.com/prs-sc594-mccarty-semi-hollow-10-top-used.htm

Folks, it really is light, and an absolute bargain to boot. 
    Call me Dave.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2602
    DB1 said:
    It really is pretty light.When I had this very guitar, it was one of the lightest, more manageable guitars that I had. If it helps, here's an ad from Peach when they had a used one for sale. You'll see that this one comes in at 7.25lb, if my poor old eyes can make it out correctly. https://www.peachguitars.com/prs-sc594-mccarty-semi-hollow-10-top-used.htm

Folks, it really is light, and an absolute bargain to boot. 

That's my one!
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Nice! I spotted that one when I was looking around for one, and eventually found and went for the one that's now Vince's. It's such a good price (it was just under £3500 when I bought it in November last year), it's a great guitar and Vince is a lovely fellow to deal with. 
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Nice! I spotted that one when I was looking around for one, and eventually found and went for the one that's now Vince's. It's such a good price (it was just under £3500 when I bought it in November last year), it's a great guitar and Vince is a lovely fellow to deal with. 
    Thanks Dave hope you’re well. 

I’m biased but it’s a great price now, this is USA Gibson money. I’d try to hold on to it but it would be a massive shame to have such a great instrument not being played as I play strats most of the time. 

There has been lots of interest and its sold pending payment. Happy that it’s going to a forum member.
    The PRS is now available again
    And sold pending shipping quotes and payments etc 
    Phew. Busy flurry of activity! Hope it goes through this time - it really is a bargain, a great guitar and a lovely seller. 
    Call me Dave.
    Suhr back up
    edited July 2021
    How about £1650 for the suhr pretty firm..? 
  • aborodyaaborodya Frets: 3
    PMd
  • Bump
  • Bump