Alternatives to DXR10s?

What's Hot
LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited November 2020 in Studio & Recording
I'm looking to upgrade the wall mounted monitors in my studio. 

I have a bit of a weird setup, as I've built something of a hybrid room. 

I have my desk and recording rig in one corner, running through my XR18 for both recording and for live sound when the room is used for rehearsals. 

The other side of the room contains the majority of the instruments, with the exception of the midi controllers on the desk

The studio monitors on the desk are Presonus Eris E5s, and are fantastic for mixing and when I'm sat at the desk watching or listening. They are running from the main LR outputs on the XR18.

The wall mounted monitors are Alto TX 210s, running through 2 stereo paired Aux channels on the XR18.  These are absolutely fine for vocal monitoring when bands are practicing. Where they're letting me down a little are when they're used to incorporate midi instruments or recorded tracks into the room during practice, and they're also the output for the sample pad on my drum kit. 

The Alto's get taken out on gigs to be used as floor monitors, as they're cheap, light and loud. I'd probably still keep them for this purpose. 

I've looked at getting a pair of Yamaha DXR10s, which have a significant power bump over the Alto speakers, and a very good low end response. Are there any other speakers that you guys would recommend that would do the specific job I'm after? 

I don't want to get a sub, as I really don't have the space in my studio, and I use twin EV Evolve 50s when out on a gig, which have me more than covered even with mic'd up drums and bass. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments