SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 1m reverse taper audio pot

What's Hot
Looking to wire up a passive bass cut, a la G&L so I believe I will need a reverse (or left handed) 1m audio pot.   Please let me know if you have one!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry, I can't help you with a reverse log pot for this circuit, but it does work fine with a 1M Linear pot - the bass cut effect is still reasonably well spread through the range of a 1M Lin pot, just don't use a regular right hand taper pot. 1M Lin are reasonably easy to get e.g. from Axesrus. Alternatively, you could try a reverse taper 500K pot which Joe Gore advocates. These are also readily available, e.g. from Alegree (I haven't tried a 500k C pot myself). If you are fitting to a Strat or Tele type guitar you could combine treble cut and bass cut on a single pot by repurposing A TBX tone pot. These have a 250K Log no-load pot which operates below '5'' and a 1M Lin pot which operates above '5'. This works okay but you can't do treble and bass cut simultaneously and there is a slight 'pop' as you transition from one circuit to the other around '5'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks so much for the tip!
  • I was in the same boat, looking to match the G&L circuit.  Looking at the tapers on a graph the linear taper would get you closer to reverse log than a normal log.

• roman_subroman_sub Frets: 18
    edited December 2020
    What I'm trying to get my head around is this - if I took a regular log pot, and wired it 'backwards' to how a treble roll-off (usual tone pot works - so swap the lugs around), that would achieve the desired filter curve, right? 

Setting both pots to '10' would give you
    - treble: maximum  (i.e. minimal roll-off)
    - bass: minimum (i.e. maximum roll-off).

Or would bass also be on max?