Bought a Marshall Guvnor kit, how does a newbie begin?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited July 2014
    Less violent society? Nah people drink more coffee than ever before so they all want to kick off. I work in the rail industry & every operator is expanding their security side simply because violence is increasing. TFL are doing an anti road rage campaign on London Television
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    edited July 2014
    mike_l said:
    Out of interest (Guv's are my favourite pedal) what kit is it please?
    I'd like to know too please...ta

Edit: it's ok, I just read the thread again :)
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    jeztone2 said:
    Cheers for all the tips, got a week off work in august so am gonna start then. Its a General Guitar Gadgets clone kit
    /\ this I believe

• ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Have you got a knackered piece of electronics somewhere? If so practice a bit on that circuit. The basics of soldering is to work a cycle: clean the tip - tin the tip - heat joint - feed solder (opposite side to where you apply the iron) - clean again. Equipment plays a big part, I much prefer soldering stations and thing chisel tips. Do bear in mind that when you tin the tip heat transfers faster so you heat and feed the solder very fast. To protect some fragile components like transistors, diodes or JFET you should use a crocodile clip on the leg you solder to prevent the heat from damaging them.