SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Hiscox hard case (£50), Pono terz guitar (SOLD)

pjfpjf Frets: 331
edited January 2021 in Acoustics £
Hi everyone, I bought this Pono terz guitar back in 2016. It's now time to move it on, (1) because I'm in the process of buying a new home and (2) because it's just not getting as much play time as my other guitars.

It's a top of the line model made - as one might expect - from top-end materials. It has an Englemann spruce top and gorgeous Ebony back and sides, with flame maple binding and full abalone purfling (bling bling). Grover tuners, three piece neck which I believe is Spanish cedar (but will seek to confirm). It is in near-mint condition save for a small scratch on the headplate and a tiny chip out of the lacquer on the rear lower bout edge. Funny, I only noticed these this evening when changing the strings and polishing it up.

As its a terz guitar it can be tuned G to g with light gauge strings, or kept in standard tuning with medium gauge strings. Having tried various combinations over the years I've come to prefer light gauge strings tuned either to standard tuning or a half-step up. 

A note about the name. "Pono" is the Hawaiian brand name used by Ko'olau ukuleles for their guitar line. To the best of my knowledge, John at Ko'olau no longer makes guitars outside of his custom shop; he did so for just a few years in the 2010s. These Pono guitars were made in Indonesia under his close supervision and have a very solid reputation - there just aren't that many about, unfortunately. 

Comes in a custom hardcase which is very light but an excellent fit and has always done the job well (most people think you're carrying a big ukulele!). All in all, a lovely little guitar with a sweet sound, almost a natural reverb to it. Although it's a lot of fun, please don't let its portability mislead you - this is a seriously capable instrument.

£750 collected in Lincolnshire (in accordance with covid-19 rules) or meet up / delivery (within reason!)

**NOW SOLD**

Full album: https://imgur.com/gallery/XuIiz8y

I'm also selling a Hiscox hardcase, bought on this forum earlier this year but now surplus to requirements.
It's practically new, only some slight discolouration on the neck pad. Comes with keys. The dimensions are:
Body length - ~20"
Upper bout - 12"
Lower bout - 15 1/4"
Total length - 41"
Depth - ~4 3/4"

Here is the original sales thread: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/175322/sold-hiscox-classical-guitar-case#latest 

£50 
collected in Lincolnshire (in accordance with covid-19 rules) or meet up / delivery (within reason!)  also willing to post at cost once I can source some packaging. 

Please also have a look at the Les Paul-type electric guitar I'm selling (https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/196066/fs-black-tokai-ls80-1982-black-epiphone-les-paul-custom-2002#latest). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Updated ad with new pics and a rough size comparison.
    The Pono was sold earlier today, just the Hiscox remaining! 
    Bump for the Hiscox case.